Wouldn't Trade My Childhood For Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joelayres View Post
    I had a choice to make - either eat what was put on the table, or be hungry until the next day. Anyone else?
    My mother was raised on a farm. To her, a five star meal was turnip greens, beets, dollar beans, and a pan of cornbread. The smell alone would fucking peel paint. Oh my god, if she ever cooked boiled cabbage and steamed rutabagas on the same day, the hazmat teams were deployed from miles around!
    "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
      My mother was raised on a farm. To her, a five star meal was turnip greens, beets, dollar beans, and a pan of cornbread. The smell alone would fucking peel paint. Oh my god, if she ever cooked boiled cabbage and steamed rutabagas on the same day, the hazmat teams were deployed from miles around!
      What the fuck is a steamed rutabaga?

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        Yep. Got several ass-whoopins for the same offense!

Remember when penny candy was actually penny candy? Shits 10 cents now LOL.
        Oh yes, penny candy indeed and 15-25 cent bottle of pop real glass and cold. Oddly the price varied depending on the location, south was cheaper and north more expensive. Not like that today, flat out expensive no matter where you are.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Another crazy thing that happens alot today is that the kids "tell" their folks what they want for dinner - and sometimes the parents make different meals for each kid because "he's a picky eater". That would NEVER happen in our day. I had a choice to make - either eat what was put on the table, or be hungry until the next day. Anyone else?
          well considering how things mostly work in Western society (excluding France, Italy and some other countries), kids should whine about the food.
          Too many parents are lazy to cook a proper meal, children get so much junk, food with ridiculous amount of fat, chemicals etc. very little nutrition value. And most of it tastes like shit too.
          Have you seen how friggin fat the younger generation is. And not only that, they are physically tired and can't think very well because of all the crappy food which doesn't make the oxygen flow in their brains very well.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

My parents both were from the south... Tennesse.
            Country cooking is all I knew and yes some (not all) of the food stunk to high heaven while cooking it but when it was done and ready to eat it tasted decent and made a turd.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              Have you seen how friggin fat the younger generation is. And not only that, they are physically tired and can't think very well because of all the crappy food which doesn't make the oxygen flow in their brains very well.
              Bullshit!

The kids today are fat because they sit in front of a goddamn TV, computer, or video game all friggin day instead of actually playing it off like we did. They are tired because they dont' get enough exercise.

When most of us were kids, the routine on weekends and during summer vacation was: wake up, have breakfast and go outside to play until dinner time, eat dinner, go back outside and play until dark, go to bed and repeat process. Oddly enough, most of us were not fat and none of us pissed and moaned that "I'm bored" - we understood that our parents were not the entertainment committee and we went and found our friends to pass the time. Hell, I can remember my Mother telling me after breakfast to "get out, and don't come back until dinner time".
              You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
              You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
              --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
              --horns666 - 12/29/08
              I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
              --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                What the fuck is a steamed rutabaga?
                A rutabaga is nothing more than a turnip that is diced into about one inch squares and either boiled or steamed. They smell like shit and they taste even worse.
                "POOP"

Comment

• I saw Germany in my youth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Soap View Post
                    but when it was done and ready to eat it tasted decent and made a turd.
                    Quote of the Day!
                    "POOP"

Comment

• Endrick seems to think that we were all raised badly, mistreated and/or abused by draconian parents, but that leads me to ask: If that is the case, why are we all reminiscing about it and looking back fondly at our childhood? I, for one, am thankful that my folks were hard on me as they were - it made me who I am today and gave me the necessary tools to be successful in this wacky world we live in.
                      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                      --horns666 - 12/08/08

--horns666 - 12/29/08
                      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Bullshit!

The kids today are fat because they sit in front of a goddamn TV, computer, or video game all friggin day instead of actually playing it off like we did. They are tired because they dont' get enough exercise.

When most of us were kids, the routine on weekends and during summer vacation was: wake up, have breakfast and go outside to play until dinner time, eat dinner, go back outside and play until dark, go to bed and repeat process. Oddly enough, most of us were not fat and none of us pissed and moaned that "I'm bored" - we understood that our parents were not the entertainment committee and we went and found our friends to pass the time. Hell, I can remember my Mother telling me after breakfast to "get out, and don't come back until dinner time".
                        well before you call something bullshit do some research first, okay?
                        physical activity is very good, but you need some nutrition to actually do it.
                        and even without activity you shouldn't look like a sumo wrestler.
                        a lot of the food is getting worse every day. you just fill the stomach with it but it doesn't actually give you more than an a headache.
                        look up how badly the parents feed their kids and how they don't teach what's good and what's not.
                        do a research on food's effect on human body's physical and mental condition.
                        if you don't want to read 300 page scientific reports then there's documentaries too and even popular shows, what was the latest hit? Jamie Oliver's School Dinners or something like that. A good show for a start.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• OK you two, don't make me get the belt!
                          "POOP"

Comment

OK you two, don't make me get the belt!
                            NO - NOT THE BELT!!!!!

I'm done. I'm sure our young friend Endrick is a good person, but was simply raised in a different time and just cannot understand the times we are talking about. I'll agree to disagree with him, but again, I wouldn't change a thing about my childhood and I'm grateful that my parents cared enough to be hard on me as they were.
                            --horns666 - 12/08/08

--horns666 - 12/29/08
                            --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Endrick seems to think that we were allraised badly
                              show me where I said that

but that leads me to ask: If that is the case, why are we all reminiscing about it and looking back fondly at our childhood? I, for one, am thankful that my folks were hard on me as they were - it made me who I am today and gave me the necessary tools to be successful in this wacky world we live in.
                              I'm glad that you had a good childhood, mine was good to but I've seen people who were very badly abused/beaten durning their childhood which caused a mental shock and now they justify all that and encourage that kind of action to other kids too... that's the only way they know... and their success is doing a lot of push-ups behind bars.
                              Last edited by Endrik; 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Times are definitely different today that's for sure.
                                I do see both sides of the issue.

There are many families that don't know the @ss from a hole in the ground (no parental leadership and care) and don't care to know why or how to cook up a nutritional meal.
                                Its not rocket science, you just gotta care about yourself and the family.
                                I see that and understand the ramifications that can have, sure.

I also, see as much as it is an issue of eating properly its equally about having an active life style. I could eat lettuce and drink water twice a day for 365 days and if all did was besides going to work. All my home life consisted of watching TV, playing XBOX or PS2/3 games, text messages, be on the computer anything else that would cause me not to have an active life style. Yep, I'd get fat no doubt about it.
                                Last edited by Soap; 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X