No announcement yet.

Wouldn't Trade My Childhood For Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, here's a good one. Remember when teachers would copy tests (prior to Zerox machines) in that dark purple ink? You'd sit there and snif the paper till your eyes crossed, then take the test! No wonder my grades sucked!
    "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
      Oh, here's a good one. Remember when teachers would copy tests (prior to Zerox machines) in that dark purple ink? You'd sit there and snif the paper till your eyes crossed, then take the test! No wonder my grades sucked!
      I am old enough to have been a teacher's aide who went into the lounge and hand crank that machine to make those copies...

In Germany of course...

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        Oh, here's a good one. Remember when teachers would copy tests (prior to Zerox machines) in that dark purple ink? You'd sit there and snif the paper till your eyes crossed, then take the test! No wonder my grades sucked!
        That's funny as hell The ink they used smelled sooo good LOL

Comment

• Oh fuck, here's a dandy. Did you have to take Typing I and Typing II in junior high school? I guess today that would be called "keyboarding." Man, we had these manual typewriters with about a one foot stroke each time you pressed a key.

It was funny because the second week of Typing I, I badly broke my right arm in a motorcycle accident. Once I made it back to class, all I had to do was sit there and play grab ass with the cute girl in the next seat. If I recall, the teacher liked me, so she gave me a C for the class.

Two years later, I had the same teacher for Typing II. I shit you not, a few days into the class, i broke my left leg in five places racing motocross! I returned to class the final week of the class. I think I got another C.

P.S. The only thing I remember is that the longest word you can type on a typewriter using one row of keys is TYPEWRITER.
          "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by joelayres View Post
            NO - NOT THE BELT!!!!!

I'm done. I'm sure our young friend Endrick is a good person, but was simply raised in a different time and just cannot understand the times we are talking about. I'll agree to disagree with him, but again, I wouldn't change a thing about my childhood and I'm grateful that my parents cared enough to be hard on me as they were.
            I'm not trying to disagree with you just for the sake of it... I'm trying to bring out the negative sides of each era. There's good/bad sides in every period.
            As I said I had a good childhood, I grew up to be a non-criminal without much beatings but that doesn't mean I lived in an easy time. One of my childhood's "fondest" memories was when me and my parents were at the beach when I was very very young, and the good soviet law enforcement officers came to greet us with their AK's and arrested us because according to their observation we tried to swim 60 miles across the sea to Finland.
            I got my smarts by surviving a tough era and living in a tough neighborhood. There are many fucked up situations in today's world which teach to many kids that sitting on their ass all they long isn't a solution. Many will learn and survive. Many don't. That's how the things always have been.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• My childhood is up for trade... Make an offer. It'll cost extra for my first sexcapade in 7th grade tho... that was probably the high point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Who remembers being able to buy smokes for your parents? My mom used to send me to the store for smokes from the time I was 10 till about 15. No ID, just my word of honor (which actually meant something back then) that I was buying them for my mother.
                your word MEANT something back then?!? I would buy smokes for my dad, and then rock back down the shop to buy smokes for myself and SAY they were for my dad.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                People actually avoided the sluts in the neighborhood. Today they hunt them down like crack dealers (which I guess they are )
                They had sluts in your neighbourhood? I didn't think sluts existed back in the idyllic 50's that everyone is reminiscing about.

You either did good in school or you didn't, there were no handouts. Handouts were given to the mentally defective. Today you get an A just for showing up.
                My kids wish! They both regularly get their asses kicked at report card time. They are both A-capable students, but if they don't do their homework or perform well in an exam, their results will reflect it in their report card. A C when you've tried your hardest is fair enough, but a C while goofing off in class does not cut the mustard at our house.

You could actually get into a music program at school that was just as good as the sports program. Today, it's all about sports. The local high schools rave about their athletic programs, but the only place to learn music is at Church, and they're the only ones who haven't changed in 30 years.
                my daughter sang in her school choir for a few years. Even performed for the school in the big interschool choirs competition a couple of years ago. She wanted to play saxophone in the school band but demand was such that the limited places available were already gone by the time she applied.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

• My childhood ended with the discovery of Lemmon 714's and Tui's, anything prior to that was fantastic anything after that is a blur

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                    My childhood ended with the discovery of Lemmon 714's and Tui's, anything prior to that was fantastic anything after that is a blur
                    My turn. What the fuck is a Tui's?
                    "POOP"

Comment

• Tuinol, that's some mean shit there

Comment

• Gotcha. I was trying to think too hard. Gotta be careful doing that, I may shit my pants!
                        "POOP"

Comment

• Way too much info there Mark! lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                            Tuinol, that's some mean shit there
                            Tuinals, Carbetrols? Qaaludes.. Mmm....

Comment

• You guys are lightweights! Prior to weed, we'd slip off to the liquor store and get some drunk fucker to buy us some Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. We'd hope on our dirtbikes and head off to the woods next to some cotton fields. Since we used all our money for wine, we only had enough money to buy rolling papers. So, we'd harvest dried husks from the cotton boll and roll that shit and smoke it! About 20 years later, I read that cotton used to be sprayed with DDT. Any questions?
                              "POOP"

Comment

• Oh no, paraquat cotton

Comment

Working...
                                X