Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to the JCF "old timers"??

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have the post count for many to remember me, but I definitely am an old timer from the old board. I know I was on there on a regular basis by the summer of '98 because I can recall logging in (via phone modem) on vacation that year to check in.

I also had the distinction of being ripped off by Vince Sansevere on the HC classified page before he ever showed up here and quietly warned several about him. Ironically, the parts-o-caster that he sold me ended up selling for more parted out than what I paid him, so I didn't lose anything on it. (If I recall correctly, I sold the body to someone from these boards via ebay and that's when I first learned that I had something completely misrepresented.)

I still have my original Charvel and Jackson, both of which are posted here, but have never added any more. I got into rolling my own, and my own amps, and my own pedals, and so haven't been around here more than lurking on a regular basis anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevser View Post
      Is there still anyone here from the old...old board??? I know the real "Join Date" only goes back to the begining of the last board, but...I know I joined in 99'...anyone else go back that far?

define old, OLD board?

I know I was here pre-2k, figure I popped up around '98 and disappeared around '00/'01
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        O hi RattleHead. It was you that I bought that red RR PRO from, right? That one had a really faaast neck.
        Correct, it was I! Hope you're still shredding on her!

Comment

• Originally posted by rstites View Post
          I don't have the post count for many to remember me, but I definitely am an old timer from the old board. I know I was on there on a regular basis by the summer of '98 because I can recall logging in (via phone modem) on vacation that year to check in.

I also had the distinction of being ripped off by Vince Sansevere on the HC classified page before he ever showed up here and quietly warned several about him. Ironically, the parts-o-caster that he sold me ended up selling for more parted out than what I paid him, so I didn't lose anything on it. (If I recall correctly, I sold the body to someone from these boards via ebay and that's when I first learned that I had something completely misrepresented.)

I still have my original Charvel and Jackson, both of which are posted here, but have never added any more. I got into rolling my own, and my own amps, and my own pedals, and so haven't been around here more than lurking on a regular basis anymore.
          hey Ross! I remember you from back when. Glad to see you around again
          Hail yesterday

Comment

• Where is Strongbad??????
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RattleHead View Post
                Correct, it was I! Hope you're still shredding on her!
                Sold it about a year and a half ago to a friend of mine. He's rocking the stages with it!

Comment

• OH come on!!!!!!!! SOmeone must remember Strong bad!!!!!!!!

Meeedley
                  Meeedley
                  Meeedley
                  Meeedley MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"and the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTT!!!!!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    OH come on!!!!!!!! SOmeone must remember Strong bad!!!!!!!!

Meeedley
                    Meeedley
                    Meeedley
                    Meeedley MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"and the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTT!!!!!!!!"
                    Would it help if I told you I was changing my name to Derek Highet?
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                      Would it help if I told you I was changing my name to Derek Highet?
                      Hiat? Hig....he......Hig het?
                      Northern California

Strong bad fuckin RULES!!!!!

"the system is down the system is down the system is down the system is down"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                        Sold it about a year and a half ago to a friend of mine. He's rocking the stages with it!
                        That guitar deserved to be on the stage. Right on!

Nice to see some friendly faces are still around here.

"Trogdor was a man. I mean, he was a dragon man, or maybe he was just a dragon? But he was still Trogdor!"

Comment

• "Burninating the country side, burninating all the peasants."

check him out, in all his majesty.

Comment

• Is Strongbad still around? I haven't checked that site out in probably 4-5 years.
                            Scott

Comment

• Sure he is! I just watched some emails last night. Check out "rock opera" and "band names" they are both funny as hell. So is "nightlife". funny shit. THe "monster truck" one is really good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                                sure he is! I just watched some emails last night. Check out "rock opera" and "band names"
                                tarantula!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X