The 2008 list of banned words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
    I never got the whole Boston "wicked cool" thing. I am really glad that seems isolated to Mass.
    I know several people in that part of the world and every damned one of them says "wicked." I guess growing up it was The Wicked Wicked Witch of the West!
    "POOP"

Comment

How old are you Ben (seriously, I'm not sure - High School I thought)? I hear those 3 words more than I'd ever like with a 14 and 12 year old in the house, so they must be getting it from you damn High Schoolers!!!

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      Allow me to add some more. These more fit with my age group though.

-Random - People use this for everything. They also use it as an adjective. Ex: "That's so random.". "I'm so random today."

-Beast - People use this as an adjective. "That's so beast".

-Like - This one has been around for ever. People seem to think a sentence isn't complete without using this terrible word. "That's, like, so, like, amazing." or "That's like the funniest thing ever." (So it's not funny? I hate it when people say that.)

I'll add more as I think of them.
      Greg

'86 Model 1
      '87 Model 2
      '88 Model 3A
      '88 Model 3DR
      '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        i vote we still keep "Dude"
        Another vote here to keep Dude!

"Basically" is another overused buzzword.
        You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
        You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
        --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
        --horns666 - 12/29/08
        I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
        --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post

"Basically" is another overused buzzword.
          Dude, yes! We have to keep that word!

I use it once in a while on here (Mainly on birthday threads) and I say it a lot.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Dude, this thread is like fierce and totally not like gay. Keep it beast!
            Scott

Comment

Okay Dude, and Bro, have to stay!

If I could live in an internet world where I never have to read any of the internet speak bullshit again I would gladly pay to be a part of that world.

I will say however, since when did we all become a bunch of sensitive pussies? I thought this website was about guitars, guns, sex, metal, cops beating the shit out of duchebags, and so on, I mean come on, I thought sticks and stones broke bones, but not words????

happy new year!

C

Comment

Originally posted by 992gnt View Post
                How old are you Ben (seriously, I'm not sure - High School I thought)? I hear those 3 words more than I'd ever like with a 14 and 12 year old in the house, so they must be getting it from you damn High Schoolers!!!
                16. I never say any of them because they get said enough as is. Blame other people. I personally find them irritating.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
                  since when did we all become a bunch of sensitive pussies?
                  Surely, you've got to be joking! I've seen more pissing contests, more hurt feelings, more thin skinned people right here on these forums than in my fifty years roaming this planet! I've also met some of the coolest mofos you could ever hope to meet!

Words, along with pissy attitudes, have caused more harm than many will care to admit. Me, I've been pretty damned guilty myself. But I've joined a 12 step sensitivity program and hopefully I'll be reprogrammed to be a kinder, more gentler son of a bitch!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Uber

uber this
                    uber that

uber shut the uber fuck uber up with the uber
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                      I like Dude also, but only when used on a dude.

Hate it went girls use dude on a girl, or guys use dude on a girl.

Anyone else notice this disturbing unisex verbage trend?

I find it "WICKED" annoying.

--floydkramer

Comment

I have an uber goober!
                        "POOP"

Comment

I was betting you were going to make an uber pooper reference!
                          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            Dude, this thread is like fierce and totally not like gay. Keep it beast!
                            Wicked cool. This shit is so random, that's so beast, like, dude this pwns.
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

PWN (verb) 1. An act of dominating an opponent. 2. Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects. Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer mispelled "Own" as "Pwn". What was originally supose to be "player has been owned." was "player has been pwned". Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

Comment

Dude, I know I was being sarcastic!!

Don't be such a pussy!

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                                Surely, you've got to be joking! I've seen more pissing contests, more hurt feelings, more thin skinned people right here on these forums than in my fifty years roaming this planet! I've also met some of the coolest mofos you could ever hope to meet!

Words, along with pissy attitudes, have caused more harm than many will care to admit. Me, I've been pretty damned guilty myself. But I've joined a 12 step sensitivity program and hopefully I'll be reprogrammed to be a kinder, more gentler son of a bitch!

Comment

Working...
                                X