Piano thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
    Endrik, are you what we, in the UK, would term "upper class"?
    me, no way, I'm a street trash
    my family, well, a little bit wealthier than the average Joe here because my dad has worked 70 hours a week for the last 20 years and being the top goldsmith in the country... we have inherited a decent amount of real estate and land but haven't sold anything... so we have some nice things but money wise nothing special... and we kinda disgust most of the "upper class" mentality here
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

You tuned it? I was going to tune mine but really didn't know where to start...
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
        You tuned it? I was going to tune mine but really didn't know where to start...
        do you have the tools? a tuning hammer and a tuner? and something to mute the strings with, although you can do it with your hands too.
        I started from the center octave, then went to the next octave and then an octave below from where I started, then 2 octaves up from I started then 2 octaves below from where I started etc. etc.
        If a key has a 3 strings, then I start with the middle one, then the others. I tune the middle one with a tuner but the others by ear. I check if the other 2 strings are in tune by playing them together with the middle string. 3 strings should sound EXACTLY like one individual string. Same goes with the 2 stringed keys. If the tonality is slightly different then at least one of the strings isn't in tune compared to each other.
        Then I check if the octaves are in tune compared to each other.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Nice piano, very nice.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            do you have the tools? a tuning hammer and a tuner? and something to mute the strings with, although you can do it with your hands too.
            I started from the center octave, then went to the next octave and then an octave below from where I started, then 2 octaves up from I started then 2 octaves below from where I started etc. etc.
            If a key has a 3 strings, then I start with the middle one, then the others. I tune the middle one with a tuner but the others by ear. I check if the other 2 strings are in tune by playing them together with the middle string. 3 strings should sound EXACTLY like one individual string. Same goes with the 2 stringed keys. If the tonality is slightly different then at least one of the strings isn't in tune compared to each other.
            Then I check if the octaves are in tune compared to each other.

I bought a tuning hammer for this task. I also have a chromatic tuner kicking around.... Perhaps I will take your advise and try this weekend. What's the worst that can happen?? I don't think it can get more out of tune, lol. I dont know what to use to mute the other strings though.

Thanks!!
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X