Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sitting here singing Judas Priest to myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sitting here singing Judas Priest to myself...

LEATHER REBEL....

...and my 9 year old son pipes up behind me..

LIGHTNING IN THE DAAAAAAARK!!!

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Does he listen to them? He certainly has good taste if he does.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      Does he listen to them? He certainly has good taste if he does.

Not at all. He just hears it when I'm playing it. In fact, he says he doesn't like metal. His favourite bands are The Who, Van Halen, Lenny Kravitz, and AC/DC.

Hmm, I just asked him, and he says he does like Judas Priest. Go figure! :think:

So yeah, I guess he does have good taste!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
        Not at all. He just hears it when I'm playing it. In fact, he says he doesn't like metal. His favourite bands are The Who, Van Halen, Lenny Kravitz, and AC/DC.

Hmm, I just asked him, and he says he does like Judas Priest. Go figure! :think:

Judas Priest aren't metal... they are just sheer awesome

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          Judas Priest aren't metal... they are just sheer awesome
          While I agree that not all JP is metal, the Painkiller album most certainly qualifies as metal IMHO. Not only that, but it's also one of the most underrated metal albums EVAR. I fucking LOVE it. It's epic! It makes me want to get drunk, steal a car, and drive around shooting a rocket launcher at stuff. Well, maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but it is way cool.

Comment

even with cheezy keys, this is metal :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzvSaMXL7e4

Nuff said
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Judas Priest isn't metal?

WTF?

OK...I might draw the line at lop-your-head off and scream bloody murder in cookie monster puke tones. That might be the definition for some.

Comment

While I agree that not all JP is metal, the Painkiller album most certainly qualifies as metal IMHO. Not only that, but it's also one of the most underrated metal albums EVAR. I fucking LOVE it. It's epic! It makes me want to get drunk, steal a car, and drive around shooting a rocket launcher at stuff. Well, maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but it is way cool.
                Why is it underrated? Every metalhead I know says it's one of the best metal albums ever made.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                  Why is it underrated? Every metalhead I know says it's one of the best metal albums ever made.
                  I think I know what he means, they only know of the Painkiller song, and the rest of the cd is thrown aside.

Comment

talking of kids, my 4 year old son sings the chorus to blitzkreig bop~ramones..Hey ho..lets go bit and my 6 year old daughter sings numerous megadeth,alice in chains & dream theater numbers. Especially when we are driving in the car a little voice in the back goes..."just like to pied piper, led rats through the streets!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                      I think I know what he means, they only know of the Painkiller song, and the rest of the cd is thrown aside.
                      +1
                      Sadly, I have to agree. I really like that album though I like either Killing Machine (Hell Bent for Leather), Stained Class or Sin After Sin the most.

Originally posted by elysianfield View Post
                      talking of kids, my 4 year old son sings the chorus to blitzkreig bop~ramones..Hey ho..lets go bit and my 6 year old daughter sings numerous megadeth,alice in chains & dream theater numbers. Especially when we are driving in the car a little voice in the back goes..."just like to pied piper, led rats through the streets!" lol
                      Be thankful they aren't singing that Jonas Brothers or other Disney channel crap.
                      They at least get to listen to good music. Lucky them.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

zeegs, if your kid's fav band is The Who, do you keep him away from your gear?
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Older Priest - I'm thinking my favourite album "Killing Machine" (Hell Bent in the USA) - isn't any heavier than AC/DC. I'd say "Fly On The Wall" is more of a heavy metal album than a lot of Priest stuff. So I'm not surprised your boy likes Priest, if he likes AC/DC.
                          Before long he'll be digging the Death cover of "Painkiller" and listening to Morbid Angel and Angelcorpse!
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                            Older Priest - I'm thinking my favourite album "Killing Machine" (Hell Bent in the USA) - isn't any heavier than AC/DC. I'd say "Fly On The Wall" is more of a heavy metal album than a lot of Priest stuff. So I'm not surprised your boy likes Priest, if he likes AC/DC.
                            Before long he'll be digging the Death cover of "Painkiller" and listening to Morbid Angel and Angelcorpse!
                            I'm a huge Death fan and I didn't even bother for it, sort of like their cover of God Of Thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              zeegs, if your kid's fav band is The Who, do you keep him away from your gear?
                              Nah, he wants to live a long healthy life.

He has his own 3/4 size electric, which never gets used, and a pretty damn decent drum kit, which I built from parts (good quality Yamaha stuff for the most part) and painted camo. He'll be starting drum lessons in a couple of weeks. I'm gonna have my own little Keith Moon!

Comment

Working...
                              X