No announcement yet.

Snowed in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I'm a fan of warm climate I have no problem with cold but -55 C, jesus tittyfucking christ, that's even worse what my friends in North Finland have... they showed me, when you take a bucket of water, go outside with it, throw the water up and before it lands on the ground it's ice... but man, -55C!!!!! I mean what do you wear? I can't even imagine what that shit would do with my balls and pud.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      Pssh.

what you dont understand is where you live is flat, right? big diff is when you have hills all over. i'll take a couple feet of snow where it is flat, rather than a hill with a few inches.... the evergreen trees are not that forgiving while driving...
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

-40C without wind isn't actually that bad. Without wind you can stay warm for a long time. It's when it's windy that it can get dangerous. It blows all the heat from around your body away. I basically don't go outside when it's that cold. I get a ride home from school when it's below -50C. I think the weather channel said that with the windchill we had it would take less than 2 minutes to get frostbite and less than 5 for numbness (Which I have proven many times walking home.).
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

it fucking sucks here, the air is humid and the wind is pretty strong because of the sea... humidity is the worst thing ever, no matter if it's hot or cold.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I've been trapped inside aswell, it was 36c yesterday! I waited till 8pm to go to the shops for supplies (well, chocolate), and it was still 28c. So staying indoors and watching the cricket in air conditioning it is.

Comment

Pssh. it was -55C (-67F) with the windchill on Saturday
              Is this a typo or did you mean to type -67F ?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                Is this a typo or did you mean to type -67F ?
                No, I converted -55C to Fahrenheit and that's what I got. The only time Celsius and Fahrenheit meet is -40. After that Fahrenheit goes back to being higher numbers.

Here's a converter.

Link
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                  I've been trapped inside aswell, it was 36c yesterday! I waited till 8pm to go to the shops for supplies (well, chocolate), and it was still 28c. So staying indoors and watching the cricket in air conditioning it is.
                  you fuck!!!!

Comment

The best thing about being snowed in is:

Day 1. Balling, naked, on a fur rug, in front of a roaring fire, boozed up. (If you are with a woman, it's even better!)

Alas, this doesn't last long, because by Day 3 you are sick to the back teeth of her whingeing, you think you might run out of Pot Noodle, the telly reception is fucked up but your phone isn't and all day long you get calls from friends saying "Well, we've had hardly any snow here". You realise you didn't put any antifreeze in your car, your house waterpipes have frozen and that lazy old bastard next door is really pissing you off - he hasn't bothered to take his milk or post off the doorstep for days, idle twat.
                    Worse, you know that it'll take 2 weeks of mayhem and slush before the world gets back to normal.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

No, I converted -55C to Fahrenheit
                      Link
                      The antifreeze in my truck is only good for -10F
                      Those temps would bring this city to a total stop. There would be frozen homeless bums laying all over town. F@ck that's cold.

Comment

Oh great news!!!!

The snow has all melted here. and i do mean all the snow thanks to a Pinapple Express.

All passes are closed (I-90) and now I-5 is going to be under water.

http://www.komonews.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                          Oh great news!!!!

The snow has all melted here. and i do mean all the snow thanks to a Pinapple Express.

All passes are closed (I-90) and now I-5 is going to be under water.

http://www.komonews.com/
                          yup, im glad it isnt still freezing here in seattle, can you imagine if this was snow?

Comment

Holy crap! Wow, that's really gotta suck. We get a couple of underpasses that flood each spring and a few basements but nothing NEARLY as bad as that.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Originally posted by bloodlust View Post
                              yup, im glad it isnt still freezing here in seattle, can you imagine if this was snow?
                              no kidding... we would be Saskatoon,SK!

now we are like and island. no getting in or out unless by boat or plane.

Comment

Working...
                              X