Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score one for the good guys .....

Jewelry store owner shoots would-be thieves

The owner of a Phoenix jewelry store shot two men who had used pepper spray on him during an attempted robbery.

The suspects, identified as 24-year-old Gregory Mills and 27-year-old Jason Buckingham, were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and are expected to be charged Tuesday.

Phoenix police say Mills and Buckingham went to the jewelry store of a 61-year-old man around 2 p.m. Monday and tried to sell a watch, but were denied because it was missing parts.

About 10 minutes later, they returned, pepper sprayed the store owner in the face and smashed the glass of a display cabinet.

That's when the owner pulled a gun from his pocket, shot each suspect and held them at gunpoint until officers arrived.

Investigators say the owner acted in self defense and won't be charged.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...shot05-ON.html

This is one reason I love Arizona.
    You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
    You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
    --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
    --horns666 - 12/29/08
    I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
    --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Bravo!

Comment

Excellent!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Glad I live in a state where we can defend ourselves properly and not get locked up for it.
        -Rick

Comment

Nice!!!
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Glad I live in a state where we can defend ourselves properly and not get locked up for it.
            + 1

All 50 states should be this way !!!!
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

In Delaware the shop owner would be arrested and charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon. The charges would be dropped against the would-be robbers, and they would later sue the store owner for damages and win.

-Steve
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                In Delaware the shop owner would be arrested and charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon. The charges would be dropped against the would-be robbers, and they would later sue the store owner for damages and win.

-Steve
                Same is true for most of the north east.

And people wonder why the county is going to hell.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

In Ky the store owner wouldn't be charged.
                  Two thugs broke in an old mans house here in Lexington Ky and he killed both no charges were filled on the home owner.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

How about the guy in Georgia that shot and killed his own cousin that was siphoning gas out of his truck back when it was $4.50 a gallon.

He didn't get charged either. Of course he didn't know it was his cousin until after the fact, but still.

I love reading about stupid people getting shot for being stupid. Serves them right :headbang:

Times are never so tough that you have to resort to stealing when there are plenty of people out there who will pay you to give them head.
                    If you can't find a job, give one.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                      Same is true for most of the north east.

And people wonder why the county is going to hell.
                      I did some quick research of the law in my state and found that unless the defendant is in their own home they have no right to use deadly force in self defense IF they know that they can avoid the use of deadly force by handing over property, or complying with a demand to stop performing an action that they are not legally obliged to perform.

So in the case of the shop owner he would have been prosecuted because he used deadly force when he could have simply let the robbery occur and then call the police.

..... I wonder if the crime rate would drop at all in the north east if people were allowed to use deadly force to defend themselves more often. I mean, if I knew that there's a good chance I could be killed stealing a radio out of a car, or robbing a store I'd probably think twice about it. Not that I go around committing robbery as it is...

-Steve
                      Guitars:
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

New Jersey is very restrictive regarding the use of deadly force. You can not use deadly force to stop a robbery in your own home. You can use it if you believe your life is in danger in your home, but be prepared to be charged first and then prove yourself justified.

The problem I have with complying with a criminal is that once you hand over what they want, they often eliminate you because you can identify them.

It is all so fucked up. I believe you should be able to protect yourself and your possessions but I am not sure if I want everyone toting guns around without first taking classes on use of force. Also, I would like them to be able to qualify on a hand gun shooting range to show they have the skill and proper training to actually shoot effectively.

[EDIT] For the record, I am pro gun ownership. I am LE and a firearms instructor.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Im not sure I'd want people toting guns around either, however, a person should be able to defend themselves, their families, thier homes and posessions by any means necessary. If someone broke into my house and pointed a gun in my face you can be assured that I would shoot to kill if given the chance. That might end me in jail, but I'd rather go to jail than be killed, or see my family killed.

-Steve
                          Guitars:
                          Amp:
                          VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                          X