motorcycle title question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle title question

I have a question... a buddy of mine has a motorcycle that he has owned for the past 5 years in Connecticut. He bought it 5 years ago from a guy in New Hampshire and has never registered it. He doesn't have the title for it and wants to register it in Connecticut. The only title search features I see on the CT DMV are for vehicles with missing titles that were bought or once registered in Connecticut. The last time this bike was registered was 2003 in New Hampshire. Do any of you know what the procedure is?

Contact NH DMV and ask for a copy of the registered title based on the VIN#?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just found out. NH doesn't issue titles to vehicles 15 years or older.

Comment

Hmmm. You could see if the CT DMV will generate a new title. May have to provide proof of ownership (receipt signed by previous owner), after which they'll probably check that against the current expired license plate/tags, then check to make sure the VIN doesn't show up in the Stolen Vehicles list.

I dunno. Never had to do it, but all that makes sense to me. But then again, it made sense to me that the plane wouldn't fly off the moving runway
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What about an abandoned vehicle title ? they take a little longer, I believe DMV does a search and you have to do a public notice (add in the paper) junk yards used to get salvage titles as well. May be another possibility.

Comment

Working...
          X