• Show
Clear All

• Blood Money

Anybody plow snow and sand roads?

Eh?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Snow removal operations- it's a big deal around here, especially this winter. The hours are brutal- the pay is awesome. It beats the heck out of you, that's why we call it blood money.

Comment

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
        Anybody plow snow and sand roads?

Is that some kind of euphemism? Fuck it, I'll give it a go, do I need any lube or anything?

BTW, just how much money is "awesome", I take it you get a company vehicle, and what happens if you can't get to work because you are snowed in?
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

You plow yourself out.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Excuse my language thats fucking funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post

BTW, just how much money is "awesome", I take it you get a company vehicle, and what happens if you can't get to work because you are snowed in?
              Oh well, I was just curious if anybody else did this as part of their job. We start as soon as it starts snowing and work until well beyond when it ends, sometimes 18 to 24 hours straight. 45 bucks an hour is pretty awesome if you ask me, especially when times are tough all over. It can be pretty psycho at times, hence the blood money aspect. Equipment breaks down, accidents happen, you can get stuck, it's hawkin' cold and icey, you slide down hills, there's whiteouts where you can't see and sometimes you're so burnt you have to just stop and get out and walk around the freakin' truck to wake up. Last week one of our boys flipped his truck- 100 grand worth of vehicle on its side in a ditch. He's out, all messed up cause he wasn't wearing his seat belt but he should be back soon. Then there's all the freaks and geeks who are out there in your way with their cars, snowblowers and everything else. It's nuts, you are out there all night while everyone's sleeping and when they wake up the roads are safe to travel on, but only a few people have any idea what the snowplow operators went through. Hey- pray for $now!

Comment

where are you located? it must be somewhat rewarding when you are plowing and there is a fancy sports / SUV sitting on the side of the road because they thought nothing can stop them, then just bury the car with a wall of snow and ice. I do get the biggest laugh when i would pass these BMX, Benz, Lexus, etc.. in ditches. Smug vs. Snow, the snow wins.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I'm in New England- it's a trip, people blow by you like it's a summer day. Then you come up around the bend and they are off the road or smashed up into someone else. We just radio in for the cops to come. It's funny, but not really because public safety is the top priority and accidents just compound the problem and make it harder for emergency vehicles and those who drive safely. There are really some kooks out there. They'll be on a cellphone with their elbow on the wheel and a damn Dunkin' Donuts coffee in their hand playing chicken with you while you're driving 25 plus tons of truck and 12 feet of plow- in a snowstorm! Mental. Oh yeah, while I'm at it- boycott freakin' Duncan Donuts because they are owned by the Carlyle Group which the Bush family and a bunch of other creeps own. Not to mention they put additives in the crap coffee and junk food they sell that gets people hooked so that they crave it everyday. You should see how those nuts drive into those places and kamikaze their way into the drive thru window. It's whacked. All you JCF brothers and sisters who don't have to put up with this bull are very fortunate.

Comment

Playing shinny after they sand the roads is a death trap. As is doing anything in spring before the streets are cleaned.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                    X