Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Name Help!

Hey guys -

I mentioned on here a while ago that I was involved in a recording project with Zak Stevens (Savatage, Circle II Circle) and Jeff Plate (Savatage, Metal Church, Trans Siberian Orchestra). The album is done (produced, mixed by Paul David Hager who's done Goo Goo Dolls, Megadeth, Pink) but we've been struggling with a band name. The band used to be called Wickedwitch back before Zak and Jeff joined Savatage, but as soon as we revived this project we got a cease and desist from a band in Florida called Wykked Wytch. That's fine because the name doesn't fit the music any longer.

The music has influences from Daughtry, Lifehouse, Kings X, Queensryche, Disturbed, Whitesnake. Kind of a melodic 80's thing mixed with a modern hard rock thing.

So the three names we're deciding between are:

FIGUREHEAD
    MACHINES OF GRACE
    BLACKBOX AUDIO

What do you guys like?
    Figurehead
    27.50%
    Blackbox Audio
    30.00%
    Machines Of Grace
    42.50%
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

They're alright names, I chose Blackbox but there's better names out there. On the MEgadeth forums they have a full thread for them. My bands name is Cats Pajamas.

Comment

HotBox Audio
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

none of those really give much of an indication of what the music sounds like so it's difficult to choose really...out of those i would imagine that machines of grace would be the most memorable...but that's just me...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

How bout Countrytalica?

Comment

there was an RB group called black box back in the 80's. i think the machine one may more of whay ur sound is like. agree with DM
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I voted for Figurehead because every song Nickleback has made millions from has lyrics involving getting head. So clearly head = millions.

My suggestion would be the name...

Hoof Hearted.

(Say it fast three times to feel the magic.)
              Last edited by Hellbat; 01-09-2009, 06:27 PM. Reason: speeeling erors
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hoof Hearted
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

take a word from all three
                  Blackhead Grace
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Grace's Black Box Audio Head Machine.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I voted for M.O.G.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Grace's Box
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Grace gives head while my machine figures into her audio blackbox.

Seriously, I voted for Blackbox Audio because...well...just because, I guess.

Then again, one of old bands was called Stuffed Cocker. So WTF do I know?

Comment

There was a band called Machines Of Loving Grace that had a song on the Crow soundtrack (Golgotha Tenement Blues - fucking love that song).

I'd suggest looking for other names, really.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Moist Box
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X