X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not diggin any of the 3 names.

How about Hopes Kitchen

Comment

I'm not super crazy about them either but the album is done and we want to get it out there, so we have to pick something quickly.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      I am not diggin any of the 3 names.

How about Hopes Kitchen
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
        I'm not super crazy about them either but the album is done and we want to get it out there, so we have to pick something quickly.

We had the same problem. Our bands name was Aftermath
        We were signed by Escape records which is a division of Sony.
        We were set up as an import because our distribution was in Europe.
        Anyway... on our second CD we became domestic and 2 weeks before they began to press the CD's Dr Dre's lawyer sent us a cease and desist letter because he owned the rights to Aftermath Entertainment in North America. We frantically came up with a name that was not already copywrited. Fools Faith. Personally.. I don't like it but it is what it is.

Comment

That's EXACTLY what we're trying to avoid.

Anyway... on our second CD we became domestic and 2 weeks before they began to press the CD's Dr Dre's lawyer sent us a cease and desist letter because he owned the rights to Aftermath Entertainment in North America. We frantically came up with a name that was not already copywrited. Fools Faith. Personally.. I don't like it but it is what it is.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
            Hey guys -

What do you guys like?
            None of the above. I suggest: Hobgoblin

Or you could go 70's and spoof Led Zeppelin and name it Hobb Gobbelin

You're welcome!

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Black Box cause I'm always tearing into some box
              “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Blackbox audio here...

...but fuck the name! I want to hear the music
                If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

How about "Stinky Fingers", "Frontal Labotomy", "Box O Blox", "Rok Blox" or "Rox Off"

One of those should do it !!

Comment

how about

"The Oscar Goes To Van Damme" ?

or

"The Blueberry Hole"

or

"Got Lucky With Jagger's Old Jacket"

or

"The Threat From Behind"

or

"Dorky Mark And The Donkey Lunch"

the best name is actually "Messy Cumshots" but I'm already using that one
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Machines Of Grace for me.
                      Nice ring to it, memorable, seems to fit your style of music, but at the same time it doesn't really label you either. Also it's NOW sounding.
                      G.

Comment

And I suppose they drew a clear parallel between "Aftermath" and "Aftermath Entertainment"? If they couldn't, I'da had to tell them to eat it.

Black Box Audio sounds familiar. You sure that's not a software company out there in Internetland?
                        But then the FAA will claim copyright

Ummmm, lessee, howsabout...........Muddafuggers?

Rattletrap.....nah - reeks of "Doomed To Failure". If it's one thing I've learned, band names will become your identity. My brother's band was Victim. They didn't last long. Victim's never do. That's why they're victims

Something like Iron Maiden - a medieval torture device that, once you went in, you didn't come out.

AC/DC - electricity. Yeah, like that's going away anytime soon.

Black Sabbath - Who hasn't had one of those? Horror films will never go away.

But you look at other groups that had massive but short success - Poison. It can either be slow and painful or quick and easy. They were quick and easy, but I thought the death of their career would never get here.

Warrant - sound like you're going to jail. If a parallel can be drawn between "jail" and "career down the tubes", then it should be drawn here.
                        "Warrant" also means "to justify", which couldn't be done. Gotta watch those oxymorons. Military Intelligence. Stuff like that.

Ever hear of Human Drama? Band outta New Orleans in the mid-late 80s. They hit it big and moved to Be-ver-lee, under their original name: the Models. Turns out there was already an up-and-coming new wave pop goth band called the Models, so they had to change their name at the literal last minute. All the singer could say was "Oh, the Human Drama".

No one remembers this band but the people who were in it, and my brother, who was friends with them. I never heard them, but I saw their promo pic. Typical 80s Human League/Cure type stuff. Corpsepaint before it was Metal, bad hair, eyeliner, froo-froo clothes. Sounds nice and Suicidal-Emo, right? Well, there ya go.

Hey, howsabout Sacreligious Left? Litigious Frivolity? The Dirty Dozen Bras?

Actually I got that last one accidentally - my brother's MySpace had a song from the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, but the scrolling title on the audio player only showed "Dirty Dozen Bras"

You might be able to get by with it.

Panty Snifters? Pudge Fackers? (hey, it worked for Fudpuckers!) Chairman Mao? Jim Jones' Punch Monkeys? Monkey Punchers? Monkeyfoot? (some Richard Pryor action there).

Lucky Rabbits Foot? Nah. Didn't do the rabbit much good, and he had 4

Chucky Larms?

ROFL?

Hothead?

The Ranters?
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

sack blabbath...

the chixy dicks...

Comment

Newc - have you ever considered writing a book?

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            And I suppose they drew a clear parallel between "Aftermath" and "Aftermath Entertainment"? If they couldn't, I'da had to tell them to eat it.

Black Box Audio sounds familiar. You sure that's not a software company out there in Internetland?
                            But then the FAA will claim copyright

Ummmm, lessee, howsabout...........Muddafuggers?

Rattletrap.....nah - reeks of "Doomed To Failure". If it's one thing I've learned, band names will become your identity. My brother's band was Victim. They didn't last long. Victim's never do. That's why they're victims

Something like Iron Maiden - a medieval torture device that, once you went in, you didn't come out.

AC/DC - electricity. Yeah, like that's going away anytime soon.

Black Sabbath - Who hasn't had one of those? Horror films will never go away.

But you look at other groups that had massive but short success - Poison. It can either be slow and painful or quick and easy. They were quick and easy, but I thought the death of their career would never get here.

Warrant - sound like you're going to jail. If a parallel can be drawn between "jail" and "career down the tubes", then it should be drawn here.
                            "Warrant" also means "to justify", which couldn't be done. Gotta watch those oxymorons. Military Intelligence. Stuff like that.

Ever hear of Human Drama? Band outta New Orleans in the mid-late 80s. They hit it big and moved to Be-ver-lee, under their original name: the Models. Turns out there was already an up-and-coming new wave pop goth band called the Models, so they had to change their name at the literal last minute. All the singer could say was "Oh, the Human Drama".

No one remembers this band but the people who were in it, and my brother, who was friends with them. I never heard them, but I saw their promo pic. Typical 80s Human League/Cure type stuff. Corpsepaint before it was Metal, bad hair, eyeliner, froo-froo clothes. Sounds nice and Suicidal-Emo, right? Well, there ya go.

Hey, howsabout Sacreligious Left? Litigious Frivolity? The Dirty Dozen Bras?

Actually I got that last one accidentally - my brother's MySpace had a song from the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, but the scrolling title on the audio player only showed "Dirty Dozen Bras"

You might be able to get by with it.

Panty Snifters? Pudge Fackers? (hey, it worked for Fudpuckers!) Chairman Mao? Jim Jones' Punch Monkeys? Monkey Punchers? Monkeyfoot? (some Richard Pryor action there).

Lucky Rabbits Foot? Nah. Didn't do the rabbit much good, and he had 4

Chucky Larms?

ROFL?

Hothead?

The Ranters?

Comment

Matt & The Melodicks - for the melodic rock.

Retro Sleaze 2000 - to tie in the 80s with the now.

Aural Sex

Outrageous

Incarcerated

Agony Overdrive

Suffer the Gain
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Don't know if this is a band or not, but there's already a website Machines of Grace.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X