Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Superbowl XLIII Thread WITH bonus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Superbowl XLIII Thread WITH bonus!

Alright, here's the dealio! You guys remember the NAMM Swag and trivia, etc from a few years back? (if not, trust me, there was some very cool stuff given away)

I've got 3 very cool items to giveaway and a couple of smaller things, so here's the deal:

Grand Prize is your pick of the following 3:

T-Shirt signed by a dozen or two (or more) stars with Dave Mustaine covering the "entire" back, a lot of you will remember this shirt when I was getting it signed. It's a Marshall shirt.

The 2nd prize is a Jackson "The Orignal Sin" banner from one of the NAMM shows at Nashville that McD was so gracious in turning his head while it "fell" off of a balcony :think: .

3rd Prize is a 25th Anniversary ESP Zippo Lighter, still new in the box given away at the ESP VIP Party. [EDIT - It's actually a 30yr anniversary lighter]

The others are basic swag like what I gave away a few years ago, probably just some small stuff, but we'll see, ya never know what I can come up with around here.

1st Place gets choice.

2nd Place will get 2nd choice

3rd place will get whatever's left from the previous 2

Here's the deal, whoever gets the winning scores or closest to with the following picks will win the grand prize (you must pick the winner of the game before any other pick to qualify for the grand Prize)

Pick the winner of the Superbowl, with the odds:

Pick #1 - Steelers are -7 (and the total is 46.5)
    Pick #2 - Pick the combined total at the end of the 1st half
    Pick #3 - Pick the total combined for the entire game

(The lines are from a site I visit often, so don't tell me Joe Blow's got them at -6 or -6.5, the line here in this game is -7)

So without further ado...

My Picks are:

1 - Arizona
    2 - 27
    3 - 58

Good luck to you all of you...

~Pat

[EDIT] I'll try and get some picks of the shirt, lighter and banner up a bit later tonight or in the morning.

[EDIT#2] I just dug the shirt out and I forgot a couple people signed it to me (But I will still give it up if you want it) OR if nobody wants it, I'll give them a Jackson Banner in place, it's Black/Purple. Shirt brings back a lot of memories, as it was right when Dime was murdered and there was a lot of emotion that year, obviously. Anyway, I remember Chris Holmes being completely HAMMERED and signing it, I'm sure there's a few here or more that remember that day/night, I know Tekky would. Anyway, you'll see his sig in typical Holmes fashion, lol.

I don't know who the other is that signed it to Pat (Jim Marshall), you be the judge. And speaking of sig's, I don't remember a lot of these guys, but there are a lot that are recognizable as well. Mike Shannon, Nikki Sixx, Zakk Wylde, Frampton, Kat, Vinnie Paul, Mustaine (obviously!!! - that was classic btw) Michael Angelo, Jim Marshall, etc etc etc Here's a few picks...

Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Here we go:

1 - Arizona
    2 - 32
    3 - 60

Coming from the guy who knows squat about the superbowl!
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

1. Steelers
      2. 24
      3. 51
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

1. Arizona
        2. 23
        3. 47

Comment

1. Steelers
          2. 21
          3. 32

Comment

1. Arizona
            2. 24
            3. 42

Comment

1. Arizona
              2. 27
              3. 54

Comment

1: Steelers
                2: 17
                3: 48

Comment

1: Cardinals
                  2: 24
                  3: 51

As a long suffering Cardinal fan...I am still in shock!

Comment

Dunno about SuperBowl 63 (20 years from now), but for 43 I like the Steelers by 3 scores (2 TDs/EPs and a FG, or 2 FGs and a TD/EP, or 3 TDs/EPs).

I'm happy for the Cards and hope they pull it off, but the Steelers have the rep for dominating the 2nd half this year, and I'm looking for them to rule the 4th qtr.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The home of Super Bowl LVIII news, ticket, apparel & event info. Get Super Bowl Sunday info about the National Football League's championship game.

So you gonna play Newc?
                      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Not sure if you're referring to the Roman numerals, but XLIII is 43. 63 would be LXIII.

Comment

The way I remember the system is IX=9, XI=11.
                          So the rest follows.
                          L=50, so XL=40.

Comment

1: Steelers
                            2: 24
                            3: 45

Comment

1 Arizona
                              2 14

3 48

Comment

Working...