SuperBowl results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBowl results

Great game! A few questionable calls, nothing to make or break the game, great Superbowl, nice change!!!

Bottom line, Arizona and the over covered so it's a GREAT FKN day!

Alright, the results... here's how I did it, the top 3 winners picked AZ to cover and were closest on the points, I'll try and explain how I came up with this. It wasn't easy after I looked at everything, but I think the folks who picked AZ trump the totals, to a certain degree, the guys that picked the Steelers and had the totals under 9 will get something, but I haven't figured it out yet, too much Capt'n .

If you picked the winner AZ, that's the top and trumps all to start.
    If you had exact on the the half, it's zero points.
    If you had the total on the game, it's zero points, for every point you're off on the half and the total, it's 1 point for each point off-each, make sense?

So with that said, SCAZ!!!! IS the MAN! Dude, I'll be consulting with you on ALL future NFL and NCAAF games for 09, I need all picks for each weekend.

:ROTF:

NIIIIIIIICE pick bro!

Scaz has first choice. Total of +1 (Cards - 24 - 51)

Pika has second choice, NICE pick bro! Total of +4 (Cards, 23 and 47)

DG 3rd choice and had a total of +7 (Cards, 27 and 54)

Runner ups:

Jack Napalm had the Steelers (+4 points with the line of 7), 24 and 51, so he had a total of +5
    Dinky and Heartfielder had a total of +8

Dinky - Cards, 27 and 45
    Heart - Cards 24 and 42

So PM your addresses guys and I'll get some stuff out to you.

Post here what you guys want for 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks. I'll take care of the rest.

Hope I didn't fuck this up too bad...
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

I sent you a PM.
    Gibson SG Standard
    Jackson DK2M Dinky
    Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
    Roland Micro Cube
    Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Got it bro and replied, as soon as everyone gets on the same page, we'll get this all done. Waiting on the choices from the top 3 winners and we'll go from there.

Great game though!

Comment

I dont understand how you came up with who won...but congrats on who did

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post

If you picked the winner AZ, that's the top and trumps all to start.

Uh, I thought the Steelers won?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
            I dont understand how you came up with who won...but congrats on who did
            It''s who had the closest scores.
            Gibson SG Standard
            Jackson DK2M Dinky
            Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
            Roland Micro Cube
            Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Ok, now that I go back and look at how you posted the points, I understand you point system.

Edited because my uncomprehending ass finally got it.
              Last edited by Razor; 02-02-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

What don't you understand? Explain please.

First and foremost would be the winner of the game and the totals come after, cept in jack's place, we had 3 picks with the totals that had AZ.

If you figure 1 point off of each line for each point off of the the actual total, (7, 24 and 50) and go from there, I think it's right, no?

How do you think it is? I could certainly be wrong but I did have someone sober look at it as well adn they agreed, but then again, I may sleep in a Holiday Inn tonight, lol, tomorrow will tell...

Let me know what you guys think, but in my world, the winner of the game with the spread trumps and is chosen first.

Honestly, tell me how you see it though.

i'm out, i'l,l reply in the morning and we'll work it out.

Comment

The Steelers were favored/giving 7 points, so before the game even started, it was 7-0 in favor of Arizona. Steelers didn't cover the spread, AZ did.

So in a gambling world, Arizona won!

Comment

I do have one question just because I don't bet much. For the Stealers to have won the spread, would they have had to won by more than seven? Or am I totally wrong on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                      I do have one question just because I don't bet much. For the Stealers to have won the spread, would they have had to won by more than seven? Or am I totally wrong on that?
                      You are correct, so anyone who took the Steelers for more than -4, lost tonight. The line was 6.5 in Vegas when the game went off, so trust me when i say this, anyone who took Pitt with the spread, lost.

Comment

"Here's the deal, whoever gets the winning scores or closest to with the following picks will win the grand prize (you must pick the winner of the game before any other pick to qualify for the grand Prize)

Pick the winner of the Superbowl, with the odds:

Pick #1 - Steelers are -7 (and the total is 46.5)
                        Pick #2 - Pick the combined total at the end of the 1st half
                        Pick #3 - Pick the total combined for the entire ga"

So I guess I am not sure what you meant by "with the odds" but in that first paragrah, #1 is "You must pick the winner of the game"...

In the other thread (is it still closed?) a lot of guys picked AZ. So, according to your #1, only those who picked the Steelers would be eligible for the Grand Prize.

I came up with these results:

# 1. Steelers
                        # 2. 24
                        # 3. 50

Just going by memory, I think that gives Jack Napalm the win ?

Comment

No Ron, this game here was with the spread.

Steelers -7 (Pick #1 - Steelers are -7)

So if you take the Steelers, you're already losing by 7. The Steelers did NOT win by 7, therefore, whoever took the Steelers, lost.

Tommy, where u at bro?

Comment

Well, I'm no gambler but you sure didn't make that clear. The Steelers won the game, not the Cards.

Comment

I understand where Ron is coming from and for non-gamblers, I fully understand the confusion. I must confess, even though I was going to pick the Steelers anyway, I did not base the spread into my decision because I figured you were just letting people know what the odds were on the game.

Like I said, "true" spread betters knew exactly what was going on and I think you ran a good contest. Congratulations to the winners!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X