No announcement yet.

SuperBowl results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here's what I posted and I thought it was perfectly clear. (Read the last line[edit] or all of the red ones)

Here's the deal, whoever gets the winning scores or closest to with the following picks will win the grand prize (you must pick the winner of the game before any other pick to qualify for the grand Prize)

Pick the winner of the Superbowl, with the odds:

Pick #1 - Steelers are -7 (and the total is 46.5)
    Pick #2 - Pick the combined total at the end of the 1st half
    Pick #3 - Pick the total combined for the entire game

(The lines are from a site I visit often, so don't tell me Joe Blow's got them at -6 or -6.5, the line here in this game is -7)
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Bunch of fucking musicians, DAMN!!!! [edit] - Or are you guys really drummers in disguise? LOL j/k

It still was a good game though, a lot of excitement I thought, best game in recent years.

Where the fucks Tommy been, anyone? And you know who I REALLY miss on football Sunday, is Fucking Donnie, that mother fucker, why'd he leave us like that? I miss his text's back and forth on Sunday's trash talkin and our annual guitar bet, (which he is/was up one on me, fkr) although we had to stop the last couple of years cause the Hawks and Rams sucked donkey balls. But fuck do I miss him!

I miss ya bro... (sorry, haven't said that in a while)

Comment

Stangletooth, thanks for explaining. It was a cool contest, and a real nice gesture by you. Congratulations to all the winners!

Comment

I guess I just dont understand how the betting works as far as gambling goes.

Comment

Cool! I didn't expect to end up in the running. Thanks for doing this, Pat! Very cool of you to do. It reminded me of old times. I PMed you my info, and I'll wait to see what scaz & PIKA choose.

Comment

Sweet! As a lifelong Cardinals fan I would have rather them have won!!!

But...to the winner goes the spoils! If I get a choice, the banner would be cool!

I'll PM ya!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scaz View Post
                Sweet! As a lifelong Cardinals fan I would have rather them have won!!!

But...to the winner goes the spoils! If I get a choice, the banner would be cool!

I'll PM ya!

Scott
                PM replied to.

So Scott's got the banner.

Curious, did you understand the terms prior to playing? The whole odds/spread thing? I really don't know how else to explain it. But you have favorites and underdogs, favorites are typically giving the other team points as a way of leveling out the field in a gambler's world.

If there were no spread, there would be no Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post

Amen!

You don't know how many times I would have lost bets if the spread wasn't factored in.

I picked the Cards to beat the spread, but I knew they wouldn't win the game.
                  -Rick

Comment

Mr. Tooth,

You explained it perfectly fine. It was my piss poor reading comprehension that caused me to pick the way I did. That and not paying attention. Funny, but the older I get, the more I seem to "skim" things. No, not crust off my old skin either!
                    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      Mr. Tooth,
                      Mr Tooth!!! now THAT'S FUNNY! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Just waiting on Pika to make his choice. For the Tshirt, I completely understand if nobody wants it, therefore I'm willing to let another banner go in place of the Tshirt. It's an XL by the way.

Let me know Pika when you can... Hurry up, you're holding up the line, lol j/k bro, no hurry at all!

Comment

Hey Patrick,
                        I was busy covering the spread against me falling off the wagon over the weekend on my birthday-lol I'd like to report that I shut out the dope and booze with a vicious array of defensive looks be it in a nickel or dime package, stunt blitzes, and cover two secondary calls. I won so handily that it was boring-lol
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          Hey Patrick,
                          I was busy covering the spread against me falling off the wagon over the weekend on my birthday-lol I'd like to report that I shut out the dope and booze with a vicious array of defensive looks be it in a nickel or dime package, stunt blitzes, and cover two secondary calls. I won so handily that it was boring-lol
                          RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!! Music to my ears bro! Keep it up, make us proud!

Comment

Yeah, I understood the spread...would've picked the Cards either way...I'm a Homer!

Still trying to shake the loss off! I have been a fan for 36 years and to be honest I was just happy to see some success. Then I got caught up in the moment and actually was planning on celebrating into the night...how quickly things change!

Thanks again for the banner...very cool of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post

Somewhere in this line I'm guessing there's a negative, but I cannot seem to find it
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

no spread, no fun.............., or disappointments, or jubilation, or glee, or anger, or handicapping, or fun, or second guessing, or fun, or bragging rights, or the ability to make fun of others shortcomings(maybe the worst of all), butterflies before a game with a lot of $$$ riding on it, being forced to put $50.00 on a horrendous monday night matchup of Cincinnatti and Cleveland to make the game interesting, injury reports to watch intently,weather channel to watch intently for over under picks, fun, hanging your balls out there for greatness, fun, etc. etc. etc.
                                it only comes with one who leads a feeble existence like myself-lol
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X