Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay this must be the freakiest freshwater fish ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Yeah, Rich, ya don't wanna end up like this goof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iwArFqhh9E

(skip to 1:17 for the action shot)
    Few things make me smile as much as watching idiots like that.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      That's exactly what I was expecting, too.

Yeah, that one's still much scarier than this I think
      Last edited by Norton; 02-08-2009, 09:21 AM.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I hooked a huge gar on Caddo Lake back in the mid-1990s. I was "ripping" a Rattle Trap through a stand of lillypads when he hit the bait. At first, I thought I had latched onto a huge channel cat, but the gar surfaced about 20 yards from the boat. I was using Spiderwire braided line and I felt comfortable that the line would hold, but I figured the bait would eventually pull loose from the knot.

Well, the knot held and the gar stripped ever inch of line off the reel. I ended up just clipping the line at the spool. It was a fun fight, but my gear was no match for that behemoth.
        "POOP"

Comment

when i lived in Louisiana those things would get in our pond and wreak havoc.

Comment

As a boy, we used to stand on the levee with our .22 rifles and shoot the fuckers when they would gulp air at the surface. It's amazing how they have adapted to breathe air when oxygen content in the water is poor. But you're right, they can wipe out a pond in no time at all.
            "POOP"

Comment

We would shoot them too. And the nutria also.

Comment

Working...
              X