No announcement yet.

Tactical gear fans...check this out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the gun show today to buy myself a happy valentines sr25m, but couldn't find one for the right price. But really I think everyone wants an aa12!

PS - you guys can laugh at me, I also carry a backup .25(for close quarters)
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

You guys get issued the ACOG TA01NSN, right?

Have you checked out any of the other ACOGS with the BEC(Binding Eye Concept) like the TA11. It takes a bit to get used too, but once you do it comes very natural.

I have seriously been considering going with the Schmidt Bender Short Dot, that thing seems like the perfect balance of CQ and magnification.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
        You guys get issued the ACOG TA01NSN, right?

Have you checked out any of the other ACOGS with the BEC(Binding Eye Concept) like the TA11. It takes a bit to get used too, but once you do it comes very natural.

I have seriously been considering going with the Schmidt Bender Short Dot, that thing seems like the perfect balance of CQ and magnification.
        We're issued the TA31F.

I haven't used a lot of ACOG models. My favorite one (don't know the model..sorry) has a standard cross hair with mil dots and the standard red triangle. It has heavy lines on the top and side crosshairs.

I have a flip-up rear sight that I use as well. I have it zero'd for 500m right now...the Aimpoint was useless for long range because of the 4 MOA dot...this new Eotech will hopefully rectify that. I'll probably just use the flip-up to focus my vision a bit tighter when not using the magnifier...it really does help when grouping on these holographic sights to use a flip-up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
          And by the way...the Browning M2 .50 MG is no longer allowed to engage human targets...it's considered inhumane. We can only use it to "disable equipment".
          Are you F'n serious? That's ridiculous.

Anybody remember the scene in Taps when the National Guard opens up on Tom Cruise with the .50? It's beautiful, man!
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
            And for the people that aren't in the Military....

Home Security

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!
            This made me chuckle. If your home is that unsecured, you might want to move! OK, so you're not miliatry. Do you deck out in this gear, dig yourself a fox hole in the backyard, then tell the wife and kids "daddy will be playing G.I. Joe for the next hour or so."
            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              This made me chuckle. If your home is that unsecured, you might want to move! OK, so you're not miliatry. Do you deck out in this gear, dig yourself a fox hole in the backyard, then tell the wife and kids "daddy will be playing G.I. Joe for the next hour or so."
              :ROTF:

Nah just have the surplus, a few weapons and a handful of accessories. No "wardrobe accessories" so to speak, just a few things to let the guy coming in the front door that he belongs outside in the puddle...

Actually, my neighborhood is very safe, private and well watched by the nosy types around, plus I'm home 90% of the time it seems. One of the main reasons I moved here was location and safety, been here 9yrs now and it's nice. Several from the board have been here on several occasions, it's not like it used to be though, kids and shit sort of hamper the party around here these days. Daddy? What's that smell? uhhh, dunno but I'll see. That was about a year ago now, so it's been a long time for indulgence! Don't miss it a bit though.
              Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DRM
                And by the way...the Browning M2 .50 MG is no longer allowed to engage human targets...it's considered inhumane. We can only use it to "disable equipment".

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Are you F'n serious? That's ridiculous.

Anybody remember the scene in Taps when the National Guard opens up on Tom Cruise with the .50? It's beautiful, man!
                That is why the Barrett .50 rifles are listed as "Anti Material" rifles for any DOD contracts. They can be used against material such as harnessess and packs or uniforms the enemy wears if you catch my drift.

The US never signed the Geneva convention but it still adheres to its guidelines to an extent.

Comment

What's fucked is I had to hone my tactics without any of this cool equipment. No vest, no fancy firearms, no tasers, no pepper spray, no cool knife..just me, my 4 D cell maglite, my issued S&W 9mm and my ass. I was involved in the biggest firefight in Cleveland police history while my wife was pregnant with my son.

Luckily, unknowingly, I fell back on my repetive, training on "emergeny reload". The only way I stopped the perp's actions was aiming at his muzzle flash in the dark, pouring rain from inside his car at 60+ ft. The sound of him screaming was music to my ears because it was then I realized I was going to pull through this..

I have some of it on audio from the dispatcher tape. I always thought of using as a song intro..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Very interesting thread. What gets me is the fact that we have a guy here getting ready to put his life on the line, and he has to go out of pocket to equip himself with the best gear? I understand that personal preference is part of it, but some of this stuff is so much better than standard issue that it just seems to me that maybe the Pentagon should use some fraction of all that money that's going to Lockheed, KBR, Halliburton, Blackwater, etc. to equip our guys better. WTF? We have enlisted men with kids here who live on food stamps, and for Dad to protect himself and do his job better, and maybe have better odds of coming home alive he needs to shell out for his own scopes & knives??

Comment

Dude, I don't know if you're leaving for Iraq/Afghanistan but if you're leaving, be careful. Don't let your parents drown in tears. Good luck.
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

What is nice is having the option to purchase commercial or "better than contracted" equipment now. Alot of those that went before us didnt have that option. I remember in the early 80's having to buy special tactical gear/rapelling gear from a couple of vendors due to nothing being available in the military system and no contracts existing yet.

The new unit was getting ready to deploy and even though their requirements were identified, there wasnt anywhere to buy them/issue them. It is funny and sad at the same time calling a company like ***** and buying all their stock at one time, and yes this really happend.

GSA and the military supply system has come a long way from then. I remember also going through all the magazines for the M16's at the warehouse and having huge boxes of unserviceable ones ready to be disposed of. The bottoms are almost as flexible as butter.

DRM, stay safe, keep your head down and aim true. I want to see you around here for a long time to come.
                        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                          What is all of this equipment used for?
                          killing as many islamofascists as possible
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Sorry if it has been already asked, but when are you heading out?
                            Gibson SG Standard
                            Jackson DK2M Dinky
                            Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                            Roland Micro Cube
                            Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              I have some of it on audio from the dispatcher tape. I always thought of using as a song intro..
                              YES! You really need to do that! It would be so cool.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                                Very interesting thread. What gets me is the fact that we have a guy here getting ready to put his life on the line, and he has to go out of pocket to equip himself with the best gear? I understand that personal preference is part of it, but some of this stuff is so much better than standard issue that it just seems to me that maybe the Pentagon should use some fraction of all that money that's going to Lockheed, KBR, Halliburton, Blackwater, etc. to equip our guys better. WTF? We have enlisted men with kids here who live on food stamps, and for Dad to protect himself and do his job better, and maybe have better odds of coming home alive he needs to shell out for his own scopes & knives??
                                ..amen
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X