Jimmy Page's "Lucifer Rising" Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Page's "Lucifer Rising" Soundtrack

JP recorded a soundtrack for the film Lucifer Rising (about Aleister Crowley) which was never used due to a falling out with the filmmaker. You can read about it & listen or download it here:

It's a pretty cool curiosity, kinda ambient. Just figured some here might be interested.

Here's the film (NSFW):

Last edited by dg; 02-22-2009, 12:12 PM.

cool, thanks for posting this
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks for posting that, I had always been meaning to view that, along with some other things! thanks for joggin my memory!

C

Comment

whoever was involved with this project did A LOT of acid

btw. you can see Pagey at 21:03 in the film
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Lucifer watched it and wants his 28 minutes back! :think:

The only thing Lucifer approved of was the Hershey Kiss nipples on the titties.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Jimmy Page should be applauded for never lowering his standards

....he has always insisted on doing only the very best drugs.

Comment

Pagey's soundtrack would have fit better as it was done on drugs all the way and it was more darker, Beausoleil's track had more pop music elements

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Lucifer watched it and wants his 28 minutes back! :think:

The only thing Lucifer approved of was the Hershey Kiss nipples on the titties.
                Agreed. Pretty weak. He was able to get Page on board, but apparently couldn't track down a friggin' tripod for the camera. I tried to check out "Invocation of My Demon Brother", but could only get through about 30 seconds of that one. Not my bag, baby.

Comment

like many things from that era, it wont stand the test of time, unless you watch it on drugs, the techniques and images look dated, the execution or the idea itself can look pretty weird to more sober people... during that era Fellini or Bunuel would have pulled off something like this with their dream-like sequences and surrealistic images because they'd do it tastefully and the cinematography would be superb but I doubt that Crowley would have appealed to them. As soon as Page got off the drugs the whole occult thing was gone for him. But it's interesting to see stuff like this and what was going on in peoples head and how the drugs influenced them. There were brilliant works too but most of it is hard to watch, that being said all these flicks would probably influence some hip and talented director to take a piss out of it all and make some kinda of a tongue in cheek masterpiece movie... you know like Tarantino does with all the exploitation stuff from the very same era.

Comment

Working...
                  X