A friend was murdered NYE, 1988... They want to release his killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend was murdered NYE, 1988... They want to release his killer

I don't know that these petition things really do anything, but in the hopes they do, I'd appreciate anyone that signs it.

Seems like last month when I found out about Dave getting stabbed to death... I remember every terrible detail I read in the paper that day as well...

Please sign this petition to keep this animal in jail where he belongs. Hopefully it means something to the probation committee.

The story....

In the early morning hours of New Year's Day 1988, Robert Bedzyk (now referred to as inmate # A204234) murdered David Iannicca in a surprise attack without provocation. Bedzyk, a stranger, had crashed a small private party the band was hosting to celebrate Dave's recent Christmas Eve engagement to his girlfriend and his band's first major label record deal after years of hard work.

Dave was the bass player for the Cleveland Ohio band, Destructor who had a very devoted international following. After Bedzyk began causing trouble, Dave politely asked him to leave. Checking later to make sure he had gone, Dave was surprised to see Bedzyk waiting outside in the parking lot. Concerned about Bedzyk causing more trouble to the guests or damage outside to the area the band leased for their practice spot, Dave approached and asked him again to leave. When Dave refused Bedzyk's taunts to fight, Bedzyk plunged a knife he had hidden behind his back directly into Dave's heart, nearly cutting it in two.

Dave was unarmed and unaware of the knife before it was too late. He was handicapped with a spinal condition and unable to dodge the knife. He died minutes later with his fiance and band members by his side. To this day Bedzyk has shown no remorse for the crime he committed and the lives his actions both directly and indirectly effected.

In prison, Bedzyk was involved in the Lucasville prison riot, for which he paid no penalty. By his last parole review in 2006, he was still refusing to attend the anger management and victim awareness programs that have been repeatedly recommended for him.

Done. That guy needs to rot forever.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I never know what to do with these as a Canadian I don't know if my opinion brings anything to the table.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I don't think it can hurt. I see sigs from Australia, Brazil, Mexico and the UK.

Thanks guys...

21 yrs later, still makes me pretty sad... Especially when I know people that were very close to him and how it still affects them.

I never really liked his band much, but I know he was a good guy.

Comment

Signed. I hope that piece of shit dies in jail, worthless scumbag.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Signed. Let the bastard rot. Dave deserved a chance at life and this douche took it away, so why should said douche get a "second chance". He had his "second chance" when he was politely asked to leave.

Worthless dick.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Signed.

RIP David.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

signed , i dont believe in "second chances" for guys like this
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I'm #996.

Comment

signed
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

signed
                      yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

A guy who has shown no remorse about his deed and refuses to attand anger management does NOT belong on the streets, keep him where he belong: behind bars.

Signed.

Comment

993...pudslapped!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

this is jdr94 signing on!

Comment

1054... signed!
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X