So Is Anyone Else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    I have found that anyone who prefaces a statement with "no offence..." is about to say something that they expect their audience will take offence to.

I'm not familiar with Dope, but I actually quite liked Sevendust. They were riding that GNU-metal movement, but unlike almost every other band they were lumped in with, the songs were good (nu-metal affectations aside) and they had a killer lead singer. The late 90s was a dire time musically for me, so it was nice to find a band whose songs I enjoyed. But then I joined the JCF and the good folks here introduced me to a bunch of killer stuff I'd either overlooked in the 80s or that was going on right now that you just didn't find out about through the conventional channels. So I only picked up the first couple of Sevendust tunes before moving on. Although even now, when a Sevendust tune pops up in my iPod playlist, I'm still able to enjoy it.
    I saw Dope open for BLS in Anaheim and Hollywood, They put on a hell of a show.. Nice guys too.. Fuckers drank all my beer ..

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
      That would be a great show.....

....for me to poop on!!!!

Sorry, had to do it, couldn't help it.

Did somebody say poop?
      My remote sensing forum poop detector went off just now... woke me up and everything.

It ain't easy being the forum poopologist!
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

You should have began your post with, "Allow me to retort"
        Can you reply in a whitty manner to all my future posts? I'll alert you when I'm posting in a thread you don't think I have any business in! And by your rational only positive opinions and such are allowed in posts, well thank you for trying to step on my right to express my free speech! your such a go getter!

And since your so forthcoming with your likes as I am with my dislikes, I'm happy for you! and Happy that you can have all the LOG and Sevendust you like, and you can have my share as well! PLEASE! haha

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        I have found that anyone who prefaces a statement with "no offence..." is about to say something that they expect their audience will take offence to.

I'm not familiar with Dope, but I actually quite liked Sevendust. They were riding that GNU-metal movement, but unlike almost every other band they were lumped in with, the songs were good (nu-metal affectations aside) and they had a killer lead singer. The late 90s was a dire time musically for me, so it was nice to find a band whose songs I enjoyed. But then I joined the JCF and the good folks here introduced me to a bunch of killer stuff I'd either overlooked in the 80s or that was going on right now that you just didn't find out about through the conventional channels. So I only picked up the first couple of Sevendust tunes before moving on. Although even now, when a Sevendust tune pops up in my iPod playlist, I'm still able to enjoy it.
        Last edited by SpiralArchitect; 02-26-2009, 09:40 AM. Reason: editied for nausea

Comment

Originally posted by wreckingcrew View Post
          Thats not Zakks fault, chances are the fans that had the patches on were running their mouth.. Plus if they're dumb enough to beleive BLS is an MC, then they deserve the beating. BLS is a band & not an MC. They're not the only band to adopt MC style patches, look at Twisted Sister.
          The guys in Twisted Sister can ride, though. And I bet they could beat Zakk's ass, too.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
            You should have began your post with, "Allow me to retort"
            Can you reply in a whitty manner to all my future posts? I'll alert you when I'm posting in a thread you don't think I have any business in! And by your rational only positive opinions and such are allowed in posts, well thank you for trying to step on my right to express my free speech! your such a go getter!

And since your so forthcoming with your likes as I am with my dislikes, I'm happy for you! and Happy that you can have all the LOG and Sevendust you like, and you can have my share as well! PLEASE! haha
            Yo, Francis.... lighten up, will ya?
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              Meh...

Anyone else notice how after the whole 357 Customs fiasco BLS popularity just kind of dropped off the face of the earth.

I thought BLS was cool but after the whole Zakk does not ride, poser, 357 fiasco I cant stand them anymore.

FYI I was a fan of Zakk Wylde since the Pride and Glory days.
              Yeah, pretty much. Hope it was worth it to him! Fuck S akk.

Sevendust is pretty good though, saw them live years ago and they put on a good show.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                The guys in Twisted Sister can ride, though. And I bet they could beat Zakk's ass, too.

I haven't seen anything to back up Zakk not being able to ride, links maybe?? Not that that matters, I don't listen to his music based on his other hobbies

Comment

Thats not Zakks fault, chances are the fans that had the patches on were running their mouth.. Plus if they're dumb enough to beleive BLS is an MC, then they deserve the beating. BLS is a band & not an MC. They're not the only band to adopt MC style patches, look at Twisted Sister.

Next you guys are gonna diss Amon Amarth because they're not real vikings
                  I dont have any energy to explain this...

Can someone explain why you dont wear 3-piece MC club patches on your jacket...unless you belong to a REAL MC.

Comment

Forget about the whoel 357 thing. Forget about the whole Iron Maiden/Ozzfest thing. I will never listen to BLS or Zakk just based on how much a dick he and his crew seems to be.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Wait, what the hell do you mean they aren't real vikings!?

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Can someone explain why you dont wear 3-piece MC club patches on your jacket...unless you belong to a REAL MC.
                        No, I don't have the time, but let him wear his patches into a group of Hell's Angels (or any other 1% MC) and he'll figure it out, VERY QUICKLY!
                        Last edited by RR_YJMFAN; 02-26-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

because if a real MC see's it they will beat your ass?

I know there's something to do with territory as well.

I try to avoid MC's in California,
                          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

FVCKING POSEURS!!!

Yngwie is a real viking, he's got a song that proves it.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                              FVCKING POSEURS!!!

Yngwie is a real viking, he's got a song that proves it.
                              And he'll unleash the FOOKING FURY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X