Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding a shipping box for a gutiar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding a shipping box for a gutiar...

Anyone in Phoenix know where I can find a shipping box for a guitar in a case?
    I went to both GC's near me and nothing.
    The couple of small shops around me do not have any either.
    I can find plenty of boxes if I don't want to use a case, but this is going to Mike Learn for a custom paint job, so It must go in its case.
    -Rick

Bicycle shop?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hmmm... that's a thought. There are two of them not too far away from me.
      -Rick

Comment

Any decent shipping depot will be able to wrap the case in cardboard, effectively making a box.
        There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Wherever you go, dont go to UPS. They quoted $80 for a $45 case I sold on eBay. I was about to refund the buyer's money, but luckily he lived not too far and agreed to pick-up. I learnt a lesson that day.
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            Wherever you go, dont go to UPS. They quoted $80 for a $45 case I sold on eBay.
            Did you go to a UPS store or a UPS depot?

Comment

Hmm. what's the difference? I think I went to a store.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Hmm. what's the difference? I think I went to a store.
                UPS store are individually owned franchises so they will charge you more than if you just go directly to a UPS depot to ship it.

I was shipping a guitar to a guy and based upon the size of the box (oversized by their standards) and weight, UPS' website indicated it would cost $40. I went to a UPS store and they told me $75.

As it is, I just use Fed Ex now (again, going to a Depot and now some little shop inside another business) or USPS.

Comment

Looks like you'll just have to ebay a new guitar... Then ummm, use that box

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                    Looks like you'll just have to ebay a new guitar... Then ummm, use that box
                    I don't think the wife will go for that.
                    -Rick

Comment

The last guitar I shipped with a case, I made the box. Went to local furniture store. I asked, they said take what I needed. Anyway, I used a heavy box from a washing machine. Put the case length wise on the coardboard, when you need a corner, cut through one side of the cardboard (with the grain so to speak) fold around until case is covered, fold in the ends lots of packing tape and there you go!!!! Very secure...
                      90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
                      94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
                      00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
                      O3'/04' Jackson KE3

Comment

Have you tried walmart or other big stores like that? They get tons of items that come in big boxes you can use. Or like the Man in the box said, make one for yourself. I'm surprised you could not find anything near a guitar store. They should have lots of 'em in the dumpster.
                        Sam

Comment

I hate those little bitches at GC. They got tons of boxes in the back. When you buy a guitar from them they have no problem finding a box to ship it.

I even came at one of the kids working and told him hey when you got some guitar boxes laying around give me a call and I will give you 20 bucks and here is my number.

Idiot goes "OK I wll give this info to my manager or post it on the board so my manager in charge can give you a call." I then spent the next 10 minutes trying to explain to him that I want to give him 20 dollars not to his manager all he has to do is call me and say "I set aside a few boxes for you come pick them up." He then replies with "Ok I will post your number on the board." /facepalm/

This is when I was selling four guitars at once on Ebay and boy was it a nightmare finding 4 boxes.

Its been 6 months no call yet...

Rant over.
                          Last edited by AK47; 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                            UPS store are individually owned franchises so they will charge you more than if you just go directly to a UPS depot to ship it.

I was shipping a guitar to a guy and based upon the size of the box (oversized by their standards) and weight, UPS' website indicated it would cost $40. I went to a UPS store and they told me $75.

As it is, I just use Fed Ex now (again, going to a Depot and now some little shop inside another business) or USPS.
                            I shipped a 2 pound mouse through UPS Store for $20. fucking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              Anyone in Phoenix know where I can find a shipping box for a guitar in a case?
                              I went to both GC's near me and nothing.
                              The couple of small shops around me do not have any either.
                              I can find plenty of boxes if I don't want to use a case, but this is going to Mike Learn for a custom paint job, so It must go in its case.
                              I've usually had good luck getting boxes from my local GC, though sometimes I would have to wait a day or two. If you don't mind getting a little "dirty" you could find out what day(s) they get shipments in and do a little dumpster diving. I've used this method as a last resort many times, and I've always ended up finding something. Good luck...

-Kenn

Comment

Working...
                              X