• Show
Clear All

Makes perfect sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      Makes perfect sense...
      that's what scares me

Comment

Blizzard of Ozz (and Diary of a Madman) was the album for life for me. Without it I don't think I would have taken guitar serious...I wanted to be able to do that. reading about Randy's influences is what really turned me on to classical music which I love more that metal
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I bought Diary First, (my first album purchase ever) went home and jammed out to it, then went back and bought Blizzard the next day - life changed forever.
          Diary is my favorite of the two because, well, it's better and more heavy,
          but Crazy Train will be played at my funeral, much to my families dismay i'm sure

I came to really respect Brad Gillis tho, after Randy died, there was a concert on King Biscuit that was announced as Randy on guitar, but it wasn't, it was
          Brad, and it was most apparent during his live solo is when i figured it out, especially with the whammy bar action, but i have to say that his live solo was WAY better than Randys on Tribute, hard to admit but there was no comparison it was smokin, and he kinda ripped Randy on his own solos as
          well :|

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
            I bought Diary First, (my first album purchase ever) went home and jammed out to it, then went back and bought Blizzard the next day - life changed forever.
            Diary is my favorite of the two because, well, it's better and more heavy,
            but Crazy Train will be played at my funeral, much to my families dismay i'm sure

I came to really respect Brad Gillis tho, after Randy died, there was a concert on King Biscuit that was announced as Randy on guitar, but it wasn't, it was
            Brad, and it was most apparent during his live solo is when i figured it out, especially with the whammy bar action, but i have to say that his live solo was WAY better than Randys on Tribute, hard to admit but there was no comparison it was smokin, and he kinda ripped Randy on his own solos as
            well :|
            Ya Brad did a good job. Most people don't know Brad for doing anything else for Ozzy but the Sabbath stuff but there are video's out there of him doing the Diary and Blizzard stuff and for only having a couple weeks to learn the stuff he did pretty good.

I think I favor the Diary album too. The overall feel, overdubs and songs are more to my liking. There will be no other album like that one.

Matt

Comment

This is better than yesterdays album. Yeah I love Aerosmith but Randy changed my life. Blizzard was a great album. If there was no Randy would there have ever been an Ozzy? I am sure there would have been, but it would not have been the same.
              Besides the music how about Jackson guitars and the infamous Rhoads flying V?
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                Besides the music how about Jackson guitars and the infamous Rhoads flying V?
                I think Gibson had him Killed like in "JFK". Gibson knew the guitar was gonna come out and so they knocked him off. Or, it was Kelli Garni still nursing a grudge because Randy whipped his ass with his slashing fingernails and got him fired from QR? Maybe it was Sharon. We've learned she's as mean as it gets and might have sniffed out his solo ambitions.

As Eddie said, "he did me to the bone". or as Ozzy said "Book the cow sound". Randy was good.
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

To the first 15 posts...and the 22nd:

:ROTF:
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    To the first 15 posts...and the 22nd:

:ROTF:
                    i thought, the first post was cool.because i love that album
                    stop at full speed at 100 miles per hour. the colgate invisible shield finally got em.

Comment

Both Ozzy/Randy albums are classics !!! Fuckin' great !!! Ozzy with Sabbath and Ozzy with Randy were excellent !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X