Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is Day 1.....

of me starting P90X.
    Wish me luck.....I watched part of the DVD series last night. This looks like it is gonna hurt!!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I had to search it to see what the hell P90X was.

Good luck. Take before, during and after shots so you will be able to see the difference.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      I had to search it to see what the hell P90X was.

Good luck. Take before, during and after shots so you will be able to see the difference.
      Yer outta yer mind if you think I'm gonna post them here LOL
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Good luck! I almost fell for the infomercial and bought it but I went cheap and got the Iron Gym instead (chin/pull-up bar that goes on the inside of a door frame). I do push ups and sit ups already but man...forgotten how hard pull ups can be I swear I could only do 6 or so a at time I took it slow and can bust off 15 or so. I usually do reps of 15-12-10 and try to do 40-60 a day. I notice a difference in my upper body tone. Now that there is more daylght I can get back to running 3-5 times a week for the cardio ( got about 5-7 lbs of winter fat I need to get off) and I'd look fairly ripped

Be patient and don't try to do too much too soon. I imagine with the muscle confusion techiques your gonna be sore in places you never thought you had. Most of those folks in the informercials werent really too out of shape to begin with so dont get discouraged if you dont get those kinda results that as fast. Slow and steady until you can keep up....let us know how it goes
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Remember, muscles adapt to routine very quickly causing shape and growth to come more slowly. Shock your body with a variety of routines and exercises so it doesn't adapt quickly. Mix it up.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
            Remember, muscles adapt to routine very quickly causing shape and growth to come more slowly. Shock your body with a variety of routines and exercises so it doesn't adapt quickly. Mix it up.
            That is the entire premise of P90X.....your muscles will never get the chance to become "complacent" ....for lack of a better term....it is based almost entirely on "muscle confusion".

Comment

Sorry, didn't know P90 focused on that.

I use to work out years ago and some of the good info stays with you.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Oh..... and as a side note, today is Day 70 being cigarette free. I stopped the day after Christmas cold turkey and have not puffed on one since....never thought I'd quit those damn things!!!

Comment

i had 70 cigarettes before lunch today
                  congrats are in order bomber, i'd love to stop
                  but they're all i have left. one thing at a time.
                  somehow i remain pretty skinny. i eat tons of
                  grease, deep fat, it's gotta all catch up to me sooner or later.
                  pizza, cheeseburgers, red meat, i'm like a T-Rex.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    Good luck! I almost fell for the infomercial and bought it but I went cheap and got the Iron Gym instead (chin/pull-up bar that goes on the inside of a door frame). I do push ups and sit ups already but man...forgotten how hard pull ups can be I swear I could only do 6 or so a at time I took it slow and can bust off 15 or so. I usually do reps of 15-12-10 and try to do 40-60 a day. I notice a difference in my upper body tone. Now that there is more daylght I can get back to running 3-5 times a week for the cardio ( got about 5-7 lbs of winter fat I need to get off) and I'd look fairly ripped

Be patient and don't try to do too much too soon. I imagine with the muscle confusion techiques your gonna be sore in places you never thought you had. Most of those folks in the informercials werent really too out of shape to begin with so dont get discouraged if you dont get those kinda results that as fast. Slow and steady until you can keep up....let us know how it goes
                    Wanna get strong???!! Wanna get ripped????!!!! It's always on the NHL network-lol
                    I should get one myself
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Stick with it and keep us updated! Those infomercials look pretty hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                        Oh..... and as a side note, today is Day 70 being cigarette free. I stopped the day after Christmas cold turkey and have not puffed on one since....never thought I'd quit those damn things!!!
                        that is awsome man, congratulations! I quit in 94...started back up when my wife was 8. 5 months pregnant with my second son...quit again shortly after he was born so Septembe/October of 95.. no cigs since.

Tommy - NHL network is where I saw the Iron Gym commercials too. My kids got me one for Christmas
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Iron gym...hahahaha.....that is the pullup bar I am using for the P90X .....small world!

Comment

if you want confusion.. drink vodka before you go to the gym

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              if you want confusion.. Drink vodka before you go to the gym

Comment

Working...
                              X