Snowboarding anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowboarding anyone?

After 10 years of not skiing at all, I decided this year to start again and gave a try at snowboarding.

Last Thursday it was my third time snowboarding and as I like it so much, today I went to a end of year clearance sale and I think got a not too bad deal.

One thing is that I know nothing about snowboarding! They sold me a "Technine" snowboard (model Split T) and bindings (T-Nine), and the boots (Rival Lace) are from "Flow".

Anyone know anything about these brands-models?

Overall I paid 395$, snowboard, fix, boots, snow jacket and pants.

Did I get a good or bad deal? :think:
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Don't know the brands but 400 doesn't sound like a bad deal for the whole package.

I should give snowboarding another chance, I've tried a couple of times but failed... I did it too briefly and never got the feel... I was pretty good on the skis (started to ski pretty much when I was born) so the snowboard thing didn't motivate me, it looks cooler though. I haven't skied for years so I should put some effort into snowboarding, I know I can do it, hell, I got surfing and it's one of the hardest things ever.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hey Endrik, you should give it another try.

The first 2 times, I and my 3 kids took an one hour lesson. As we were four we were considered a group and had our own teacher. He showed us the basics and I learned quite fast. For this year, as winter is almost over, I'll keep practicing what I learned in those basics lessons. Next year, I'll go with a personnal teacher and will try to improve my technique, which is still basic right now but at least I know how to turn/slalom so I don't do like some others that only scrape the hill...

As for my deal, I think I got a good one. Google is a good friend and I found plenty of info regarding snowboard gear.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

sounds cool man, I always try to learn things on my own though, the hard way, usually I'm in a lot of pain afterwards
        My friends in Finland said that it usually takes about a week to feel really comfortable and do all the basic things without much sweat.
        I know that I have to work on stopping techniques during high speeds, that's always my weakest side.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
        X