No announcement yet.

Burning down the house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound like an electric oven stuck on self cleaning or broil.

Comment

Ahh, I was thinking it was gas and on fire with the ignitor glowing.

Man, who would think to take an extinguisher to a glowing electrical element... Oh, ummm Nevermind... heehee...

Comment

I have some freakish fear of ovens...

We had an electric Jenn-Air. Fantastic machine, but about 8 years ago, mom was cooking a chicken, some oil lept out of the pan, hit the element, and part of the element burst into flames We recently retired it because the top got smashed and bought a GE with a concealed element, so now I don't even need to look at the stupid things, which are a little creepy to me as it is (again, because I have a fear now of droppping something on them).

Problem is from time to time, the thermoeter will stick, and the convection fan for the heat up cycle will just keep running and never shut off. Add to that sometimes it will say it's up to temp on the screen but never beep also hints it has some kind of problem, and the thing is only a couple months old! Everything now is crap...

EDIT: FWIW, we had that Jenn-Air 15 years and was great. Then $300 top the got in a fight with an olive oil bottle and lost

Comment

Working...
        X