Goodbye old friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye old friend

I got word earlier this week that my best friend from Texas, Phillip had passed away. I can't beieve it, it's just not fair for someone so genuine to be snatched away from this world with so much more to share. Phillip was the only person who was not family that I kept in touch with since moving to North Carolina in 2000. He was an inspiration to me and all those who knew him and will be missed, hell, I already miss him.

Phil and I worked together on a couple of different musical projects over the years and I firmly believe had it not been for his inspiration, I would not be the person I am today. He pushed me to be a better person and a better guitarist. When we first met he had just joined a band I was playing in. I was perfectly happy to be the rhythm guitarist but he told me "I'm not going to be the only one doing leads." "You've got the chops" he said "I wanna see you cut some heads."

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and I hope that they can find thier way through this adversity and have peace in knowing that he'll be with them always. I know Phil, and trust me, he's to stubborn to just go away.

Rest in peace my brother, I'll see you on the other side.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Blessed be. I'm very sorry for your loss Robert. He sounded like a good man.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Robert. God bless and RIP Phil.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I haven't lost a good friend, in a long time... But I remember your pain like it was was yesterday man... And yes, it seems ones that have so much to give and are just the most awesome people are the ones to leave us far too soon...

Wish it weren't like this for you, his family and the other many good friends that feel just as you do. People like that leave an impression on a lot of people too...

Sorry to hear bro. RIP...

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm still pretty much reeling from the news. I knew he'd been very ill, but even when I talked to him, he always played it down. Last time I talked to him he was pretty depressed. His mother had just passed away and he had just gotten out of the hospital. They buried him tuesday afternoon and I was stuck working in Wisconsin and couldn't go. Dammit, he was only 33 years old too.. It's just wrong!

Comment

33.... That's just terrible...

Comment

Did I mention that, due to a work injury, he'd recently lost two fingers on his fretting hand? Yet he continued to play guitar. His myspace page has a snppet of a recent song he wrote on it..

check it out..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=159218570

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=28377853
              Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 03-13-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

That's horrible. Thoughts and prayers out for him.

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss, man. May he rest in peace.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Watched "Knubbs" playing...man, what a fuggin' shame.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sorry for your lose. RIP Phil
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

irreplacable losses are too much sometimes. I'm really sorry about your best pal.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thanx, I was pokin' around some old recordings today and ran across an old tape with a song we never finished writing. You know, one of those that had a lot of promise, but we didn't know where to take it. Anyway, I was messing around with it and came up with some really cool stuff to go with it so I think I'm going to see if I can finish it in his honor. What the hell, better than moping around, I know he wouldn't want that.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. Try to find comfort in your music. That'e the way he would want it. Maybe even write a song about him. Let his memory live on in song.
                            Again sorry for your loss.
                            Gil

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Thinkin of ya

Comment

Working...
                              X