Goodbye old friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear this bad new man.
    Focus on the good stuff... the laughs, the fun.

We are all sending you good vibes
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
      Thanx, I was pokin' around some old recordings today and ran across an old tape with a song we never finished writing. You know, one of those that had a lot of promise, but we didn't know where to take it. Anyway, I was messing around with it and came up with some really cool stuff to go with it so I think I'm going to see if I can finish it in his honor. What the hell, better than moping around, I know he wouldn't want that.
      Phil would like that. He has a good friend in you. Smile when you think of him and good luck with finishing the tune !!

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
        Phil would like that. He has a good friend in you. Smile when you think of him and good luck with finishing the tune !!

It may take a little while. I'm good with the music and arrangements, but I really suck at lyric writing. Everything I try to write usually ends up sounding like some kinda hick country song (probably the Texas Panhandle influence). But I'm on a mission now. I'll post it when I'm done..
        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend. How horrible. Good luck with the song. That's a great idea to finish that for his memory.

Regards,

- Eric
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Robert - sorry about your bro. Give me a shout anytime if you want to chat.

- Tim
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              Robert - sorry about your bro. Give me a shout anytime if you want to chat.

- Tim
              Thanks Tim,
              I almost called you last night, I was running sound for Flybone in your hood (Mojos) and thought about calling to see if you wanted to come out but I got busy and never got the chance to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                Thanks Tim,
                I almost called you last night, I was running sound for Flybone in your hood (Mojos) and thought about calling to see if you wanted to come out but I got busy and never got the chance to call.
                Crap - I would have liked to gone to that show - I didn't realize that was last night.

- Newc

Comment

It was a good show.. Their new singer is good. Once he learns to pace himself he'll be great. His voice was gone about halfway through the third set but he still managed to make it through. True performer.

The new guitarist was a good addition too. Great player with a sweet LP. Really nice guy too.
                  They're playing somewhere downtown (have to look to see where) April 3rd I believe. I'll look and let you know if you want.
                  Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 03-15-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

definitely!

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                    X