You Tube...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube...

...I know I must seem incompetent at everything but... I try to upload a vid to Youtube and get the message of "unable to convert video file".... any ideas?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

What file type is the video you're trying to upload?
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

avi, which according to the list of acceptible downloads I found on the net, is ok. Not that I would know how to convert it anyway...
      Last edited by Musician78; 03-15-2009, 08:25 PM.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Could be a wide variety of reasons why.

5 min or less? 100mb or less? (that might be photobucket limitations Im thinkin of tho)

what was the source that created the avi?
        if it's an old avi you d/l from elsewhere sometime ago, could have an outdated codec, altho I have no idea if old codecs are not supported. Don't see why it wouldn't work.
        The file could be truncated or damaged (info in the file doesn't match the properties of the file, such as length)

Is there a possibility it's not an avi (but some other video filetype that has been renamed to an avi)

You can get a detailed analysis from an app called GSpot. It will tell you all the details about the vid, whether it's really an avi etc.

Comment

My wife taped it last night. It comes up as AVI. It is only 30 or so seconds... maybe 45.... I don't know what the deal is.

Comment

Dude,

Go get yourself a FlipCam and it uploads to YouTube instantly. Really cool and cheap too !!

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
              Dude,

Go get yourself a FlipCam and it uploads to YouTube instantly. Really cool and cheap too !!
              I finally got it figured out. Well, at least my wife did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJ7d...e=channel_page

Comment

YouTube now allows up to 1GB (HD Format) but still only 10 minutes unless you can prove you are a video professional.

Comment

Working...
                X