Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare for awesomeness

Probably the best thing I'll ever see on youtube

Stream/Download: https://www.beatport.com/artist/kutiman/46625Thank you all so much for your amazing responses to Thru-You ,this is truly overwhelming.contac...

His page, where he has plenty of other vids of the same kind:

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

That is pretty cool!

I was praying it wasn't a metallica related thread and Boom! it wasn't!
    Thanks very much!

C

Comment

Cool, Ward! I saw his site linked elsewhere a few weeks ago, debated whether to post it here, and decided it probably wouldn't go over too well. I figured you and possibly Endrik would dig it. Hard to imagine how much work went into piecing it all together, whether he had solid ideas in his head first or if he let the clips guide him, etc.

Comment

the little asian kid on the horn is the best
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

brilliant
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Good stuff
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

that's great!

I guess that's the only way when anyone can jam with Bernard Purdie himself
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Cool, Ward! I saw his site linked elsewhere a few weeks ago, debated whether to post it here, and decided it probably wouldn't go over too well. I figured you and possibly Endrik would dig it. Hard to imagine how much work went into piecing it all together, whether he had solid ideas in his head first or if he let the clips guide him, etc.
                You know it bro!

I felt the exact same way, no matter how he did it, he's got serious talent as a producer, hope he doesn't let it go to waste!

Comment

it takes A LOT OF patience to do it.... I've used that kind of technique on some of my tunes sometimes where horns, strings or other orchestral instruments were needed.... sampling sounds too fake and then you just start taking pieces from soundclips or full tracks and arranging them note by note, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste ad nauseum... it takes so much time and it's a fucking headache but the results can be pretty cool.
                  Last edited by Endrik; 03-16-2009, 03:23 PM.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                    the little asian kid on the horn is the best
                    He makes those ass-beads you love so much.
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That took some time to put together!
                      WOW! Very Cool~

Wish I could dedicate that kinda time to practicing more!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                        He makes those ass-beads you love so much.
                        thanks for exposing my supplier, now everyone's gonna buy from him
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          thanks for exposing my supplier, now everyone's gonna buy from him

way ahead of you!

Comment

Hey, that's the bass player that covers The Brothers Johnson "Stomp"..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thats awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X