Paranoid Lyrics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranoid Lyrics Question

I am trying to figure out what Ozzy is saying in one part of Paranoid.

Finished with my woman cause she couldn't help me with my mind
    People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
    Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me thought you were my friend? oh yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
    I can't see the things that make true happiness I must be blind

Is it thought you were my friend or something about occupy my brain?

I have seen lyrics sites with it both ways.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Just listened to the Live at Last version and its pretty clear he says "occupy my brain." The studio version is a little less clear.

2nd - also checked out the Ozzy Live & Loud version and its "occupy my brain."
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

The singer in a band i was in a long time ago used to sing it 'thought you were my friend' and it drove me nuts.

Comment

Thanks. I am going with Occupy my Brain. The Tribute tab book has it as thought you were my friend and it sure sounds like that on recording. Then again, it is Ozzy and you never know what the hell he is saying.

I am singing this Friday night at a Jam session for the first time ever. Wish me luck.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Close your eyes and listen to ti closely and it is "occupy my brain".

Comment

It is occupy my brain. In the context of the song, it makes sense.

Ozzy does fuck with the lyrics quite a bit. On the Tribute version of Crazy Train, right before the outro, the "offical" lyrics are "I'm livin with somethin...that just isn't fair!" but when he sings it live, I have no idea what he's saying, but he ain't saying that. Almost sounds like, "I'm livin with somethin'...I don't wanna shit!" on the Tribute recording....on the After Hours clip it's pretty clearly, "I don't wanna share".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPWcLode0

Comment

Ya, occupy my brain...

Comment

I always thought he said are you from my brain. lol
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ive been singing "Thought you were my friend" for 15 years...
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                    .on the After Hours clip it's pretty clearly, "I don't wanna share".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPWcLode0
                    I have that after hours session on VHS that i bought years ago. Had a bunch of rare QR clips with Randy too. Funny to see that on youtube now. 2:57 cracks me up every time on that after hours clip.
                    Its amazing that in this day of video clips and you tube guitar players that the After Hours session is the only real quality recording of Randy.

Comment

I knew someone who used to sing "Don'tcha blow my brain"...Ohhh yeahhhh. :think:

Then I actually heard Ozzy sing "Thought you were my friend" live..clear as a bell. Maybe he's fuggin' with us. He was stoned.

Just like Iron Butterfly's "Inna Gadda Di Vida"..That was supposed to be "In the garden of Eden"..but he was so fuggin' stoned when he sang it..they just laughed and changed the name.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

YouTube and listen to really old versions of war pigs! He's using all sorts of different lyrics, some are comedic... I'm sure he does that other times.

Comment

Otters fry my brain... That's it...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                            Otters fry my brain... That's it...
                            something fried his brain

and i always thought it was "Thought you were my friend" also...and then i also heard a very shitty cover where the singer didnt even know the lyrics..

Comment

Sharon!

Comment

Working...
                              X