X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    One word:

SAXON.
    I have about 6 Saxon LP's (Albums...vinyl) that I have NEVER listened to. Convince me why I should resurrect the turntable to do so.
    I hang on to them due to the cool cover art.
    I used to like those Conan books when I was a kid.

Comment

One word:

SAXON.
      two words...

they suck.

Other than "denim and leather" and "princess of the night"? epic fail.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Come on now, that's like saying apart from "The Trooper" and "Aces High", Iron Maiden are shit, I fail to see how you can select just those 2 tracks out of a band's output.

OK, so I'm suggesting that both Maiden and Saxon are both the kind of band that perhaps play the same kind of shit all the time, but in not such a blunt way.
        You can perhaps divide a band's career into timelines eg. with Maiden. 1. Dianno years 2. NOTB - Powerslave. 3. That shit LP with the guitar synths. 4. Blaze Bailey. 5. Bruce Mk2.
        Most people can say when they particularly liked or didn't like them according to those divisions, but to pick 2 tracks? Surely not!

Neither Saxon nor Maiden have released LPs with 8 tracks on, all of a different type or style. You know a Maiden LP from the early Bruce years when you hear it, you won't be hearing a little acoustic Bulgarian folk tune played on traditional gypsy instruments that came from the same sessions.
        With Saxon, they have been releasing Lps of the same sort of stuff for years, which is either shit (from the view of being boring), or brilliant (from the view that you know exactly what you will be getting. No experimental jazz LPs from Saxon, thank fuck).

Just picking 2 hits from their first flush of youth makes you seem like a Top 40 boy, especially when they have been churning out similar tracks for nearly 30 years now!

Come on, now's your chance to say ALL of Saxon's stuff is shit.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I saw Saxon recently supporting Motorhead. Good fun show. They played all the "hits", and Biff can still hit all the high notes.

Comment

Saw Saxon a few years ago, not bad. Seemed coherent still to me. I'd go see them again.

Priest thing is comin' along tho. Saturday was our second real practice and we're doin' ok. Band is soundin ok, considering the other guitarist and singer are the only "real" Priest fans in the band. Hard for me to get this all in my head and remember it as I've never really listened to it much.

Singer is on a steroid regimen and it throws his voice a bit. Hopefully he'll be done in a week or three and we can get some decent recordings.

Comment

I had a greatest hits album by Saxon.

It was pure shite.

That said, I've downloaded their newer stuff and it fucking rocks.

So....er....I dunno.
              Maiden rule!
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

One word:

SAXON.
                No seriously, that has to be a joke right?

I mean, without even taking into account how good (or not) Saxon are or were - they aren't fit to breathe the steam off Adrian Smith's shite.
                Maiden are THE quintessential metal band.

Saxon aren't.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Adrian Smith?

ADRIAN FUCKING SMITH?

Adrian Fucking Miserable Bastard With A Massive Headband Smith???

Adrian-I-left-a-top-band-to-release-a-piss poor-AOR-pile-of-shit-LP-then-slithered-back-and-begged-to-be-let-back-in-the-band-because-I-realised-I-was-not-as-fucking-brilliant-as-I-thought-I-was-but-they-already-replaced-me-so-I-cried-and-threatened-to-kill-myself-until-they-let-me-back-in-so-now-there's-3-guitarists-in-the-band-which-is-wank-but-what-can-you-do-I-was-going-to-disappear-up-my-own-arse-so-I-had-to-get-back-in-somehow-boo-hoo-Smith?

I beg to differ. The man is a wank-stain.

The day I see anyone in Saxon poncing about with a guitar synth, Maiden-style, like someone in Spandau fucking Ballet, that will be the day.

Saxon definitely win.

By one point.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I prefer the last few Saxon releases than anything Maiden put out in quite some time. Especially' their "Killing Ground" , "Lionheart", and Inner Santum" releases.

Maiden's BNW, AMOLAD is pretty decent but Dance of Death was very lame...and forget anything with Blaze on it. Even tho I do like all Blaze's solo stuff and Wolfsbane cds.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X