Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megadeth - Blood in the Water on tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stories, Strangletooth, thanks for sharing! Did you play at a high level yourself or how did you become an insider like that?

Yeah, time for Foppa to hang 'em up. He's been attempting a comeback this season with MoDo, but he's been hampered by injuries. He told some reporters about what he had to do to play through injuries in recent seasons. I can't believe anybody would do that kind of stuff to themselves. That's just too much.
    Last edited by javert; 03-24-2009, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
      Great stories, Strangletooth, thanks for sharing! Did you play at a high level yourself or how did you become an insider like that?

Yeah, time for Foppa to hang 'em up. He's been attempting a comeback this season with MoDo, but he's been hampered by injuries. He told some reporters about what he had to do to play through injuries in recent seasons. I can't believe anybody would do that kind of stuff to themselves. That's just too much.
      I could sit here all day and tell stories like this, but I'll spare you guys.

Good question tho on how I got hooked up, could be a long one, but we'll just say being at the right place at the right time and a little luck and diligence and of course knowing a couple of people in the biz helped a great deal. I did play in high school and briefly in college till I blew out my knees and was done. In high school, everyone said I was good enough to play in the nhl, but I got lazy, smoked weed, picked up a guitar and chased tail and that was that! Typical 80's shit if you will Had I known then what I do now, you guys would be bitchin about me retiring. As for Peter, I sort of look at him like Tkachuk here in STL and a few others around the league, they have their moments and some days you just scratch yer head. I'm a huge fan of Peter's and have always enjoyed watching him play, it will be a sad day when he eventually does hang em up.

It's sad to see the greats who refuse to hang em up go to these expansion type teams tho, you know their time is up when the big markets don't want em.

I will say this tho, I sort of lost interest in the NHL after the last strike, I've slowly gotten back in to it and my 7yr old daughter plays a bit now and she's a natural like the old man. Zakk wants to play, but as you all know, he had open heart surgery when he was 6 weeks old, so I'd rather see him in front of a computer than "anything" taking a toll on his heart. That's going to be a tough one tho as all he wants to do is run and play, keeps asking when he gets to play hockey and I'm like, we'll see. Hey, how about this game for 360? He does like to play golf tho, so maybe I can get him going that route.

I thought this thread was about Megadeth and HDNet? Talk about a derail... Hard to stay on topic when you have certain things mentioned somewhere that brings back memories like these tho. I'm sure everyone has them. It's all relevant in some manner I suppose.
      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Working...
      X