Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year, no smoking

Well, it's official.

Yesterday was one year, no smoking for the spikeydawg.

I probably put on 20 pounds, but that can come off, now that I can walk without loosing my breath.

It's fun to taste food again, and smell a glass of wine properly.

Thanks to all my pals here, for giving me a place to hang out and distract my brain from cold-turkey withdrawal symptoms.

You are some mighty cool cats!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Awesome Spike, congrats.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Quitter

I went 9 hours without one Saturday night at work. Thought I had a spare pack with me but I didn't. I didn't get cranky or hungry, though, and since I wasn't "busy", I know it wasn't the work keeping me occupied
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Congratulations.

They say that nicotine is harder to kick than heroin, so good job!
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
          They say that nicotine is harder to kick than heroin, so good job!
          Heard that as well. Plus when you're out, people are smoking and it's socially acceptable. Easy to fall back.

Good for you tho bro. Keep it up!

Comment

Great job bro!! Keep it up. Last November was 7 years for me, and I don't miss em one bit! Especially now that they are almost 50 bucks a carton!

Comment

Good job! I remember when you quit. The first few weeks were pretty tough. But I knew you'd hang tough. You have a history of completing difficult tasks!
              "POOP"

Comment

It's been about a year and a half for me now. It was especially tough because both my wife and my best friend smoke like chimneys. One thing you don't realize when you're a smoker, is just how bad you smell to non-smokers. Smokers smell like dirty homeless people. I'm so glad I don't smell like that anymore.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Congrats, Spike! You too, Zeegs!

Comment

That's awesome spike! Good job and don't even look back! I wish I could friggin quit!!!! It's so hard tho, as you very well know. I really need to.

From what they say, cigs are going up a buck a pack in April, thanx to our new pres. I guess he's got to get all of that money somewhere! So it may be a good time to try it again.

Did you do anything to quit, or just cold turkey? I may have to have some medicinal assistance or send the wife and kids away for a couple of months! :ROTF:
                    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Thanks everyone, and congrats zeegs!!!

Strangletooth, I tried just about everything in the past from gum to patches, etc.

The only thing that worked for me was cold turkey, and enjoying the pain/lack of sleep, punishing myself for being such an idiot, that kind of thinking.

Had to get really pissed I guess.

Go for it, I say!!!
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Good move! Now you'll have more money for gear!

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                          The only thing that worked for me was cold turkey
                          Wild Turkey works too!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Congrats Spike! One less stinky person ruining my night!
                            Scott

Comment

Congrats to those who transitioned to the non-smoking realm. I know your pain. Last smoke I had was 8/1/1987. It's been quite a while, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't call every-once-in-a-while. I quit cold turkey on a $20 bet. For those who want to quit or are trying, baby steps...
                              Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Working...
                              X