</Ron>
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      ...havoc?
      That should go without saying... :ROTF:
      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

I wish I never took up smoking. I took it up (socially) when I was 14 (Year 8). I didn't start to look cool or anything, I guess back then I enjoyed having a cigarette every now and then. Since then I was smoking occasionally on and off (although I stopped for a year and a half when I left school..I was 15 then) up until Last year. I turned 18 (so of course, legal to go to pubs & clubs, to drink and to buy smokes). I started going out to pubs to watch my uncles band play and I liked having a few cigarettes when having a few drinks, so I started buying packets (a pack of 30 would last me for 3 weeks at least!).

One day I was bored and decided to sit in the back yard and have a cigarette because I was bored. So everytime I was bored thats what I would do, and just from that I now smoke nearly a packet a day! (I was smoking a packet a day but I have cut down a little bit).

I'm 19 now. I've only attempted to quit once and I only lasted 25 hours :ROTF:
        Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
        Fender Stratocaster (2006)
        Jackson PC-1 (2012)
        Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
        Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
        Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

Yeah been 2 years or something like that for me. I never smoked for a long period of time... In high School and college then quit for 10 years picked back up for 2 years when I was 30 because I was in the bar every night. Man I don't miss it at all. I really don't like being controlled by anything though be it a chemical or a philosophy. My health is soooooooo much better haven't been sick in that time
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

now thats dicipline. i have none. i quit every year and it lasts about a month.LOL

Comment

Wait till you get a severe sinus infection and your "honker" is discharging orange, pussy snot. You'll quit.
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                now thats dicipline. i have none. i quit every year and it lasts about a month.LOL

Really common actually. The first 72 hours are the grin and bear it time which most can will through that is all physical addiction. A lot make it a week but then get overwhelmed. A month is the time period that messes with a lot of peoples heads... All the chemicals in cigarettes are so addictive that you never stop craving them but after a month or so it really does get easier IMHO but that one month mark is a real mental hangup for a lot of people. It seems like the time period you want to reward yourself for your hard work or something in that vein.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I've been smoking now for 24 years.I have heard(and agree)when you quit, you need to quit other things you asociate with smoking.Every morning I get out of bed, pour a cup of coffee and walk outside for a smoke.Every break at work I run outside for a smoke.Every Friday night I drink a few beers while playing a guitar,and smoke like a chimney.My life revolves so much around smoking it almost scares me to think what life is like without them.

Comment

I hear ya man.
                    Seems an impossible hill to climb, but it's not.
                    Part of what I did with the cold turkey self-torture was substitution, so I wouldn't have too many holes in my life after the ciggys were retired.
                    I still went out at break time for some fresh air, I just took a walk instead of stand there and puff with my buddies.
                    Now I have my favorite bagel with my coffee, or the best fucking blueberry muffin I can find in town.

Also, I've purchased quite a few guitars this past year with my ciggy money. It helps to have that motivation.

Another strategy that worked for a good pal of mine: "I only smoke when I have to".
                    That got him from a couple packs a day down to a handful, then after a while, only at partys, then, after a while, he's not "had to" for years... kinda the exact opposite of how he started.

Any method takes confidence, a bit of inner strength, and a lot of "I'm ready to quit... I fucking hate these things having control over me anymore".

Good luck.

Never quit quittin'!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I don't know how many times I've crunched the numbers on how much I spend on cigarettes.With the price going up to almost $50 a carton(around here anyway)I'll be spending close to $200 a month on cigarettes.If I quit, in 10 months thats a brand new USA Jackson.Now that is some fucking motivation.

Comment

My motivation centered around the fact that I wanted to stick around as long as possible to make as many people miserable as possible. How am I doing?
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          My motivation centered around the fact that I wanted to stick around as long as possible to make as many people miserable as possible. How am I doing?
                          Excellent job so far!!!

Oh wait... gotta do this right.
                          -Rick

Comment

... ... ...
                            "POOP"

Comment

Good for you! I quit for a year or so and then started again! Just outstanding
                              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Good on ya', Nhspike!
                                A big ass congrats to you and all of the former smokers in JCF.

I'm a half decade+ old and am a lifetime non-smoker. Had a little stint in grade 7 to look cool to some girls, but I didn't inhale. The only smoker in my family was my dad. My mom, and my siblings never took it up.

I think the fact that I had major asthma issues growing up help make up my mind not to as well.

So, with all that being said, I will never experience any sort of kinship with the plight of the, "quitting smoking," society. However, I do have friends who are former smokers. They're going on 10 years now and through them I get a glimpse of their experience.

A, "lifestyle," change is what I notice most. Usually quitting smoking is the first step, and then other healthy lifestyle choices begin to infiltrate the daily routines. It's all good.

I realize this doesn't always happen to most and truth be told, my buds attempted quitting many times before this. 3rd times the charm, man!
                                Way to go, all!
                                G.

Comment

Working...
                                X