"November Rain" video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "November Rain" video

We all know it, and we've seen it dozens of times. So can anyone answer me a simple question - What is the bride supposed to have died of?
    I mean there you are at the wedding, and everyone's jolly. Then it starts to rain. Next thing you know, she's come over all dead, and everything's dark and monochromey.
    Was she really allergic to water or something? :think:

I beleive one time in 92-3 they showed the uncensored version of the video on MTV one time only. It was such a long time ago but I was told it was a drive by those guys in the Lincolns and fancy suits at the wedding that is why everyone was diving under the tables.

I have been trying to confirm this but cant find any info of a uncensored version, I personaly did not see it but I remember a few people at school were talking about it back then. Either they were BS'ing or a uncensored version exsists.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      I beleive one time in 92-3 they showed the uncensored version of the video on MTV one time only. It was such a long time ago but I was told it was a drive by those guys in the Lincolns and fancy suits at the wedding that is why everyone was diving under the tables.

I have been trying to confirm this but cant find any info of a uncensored version, I personaly did not see it but I remember a few people at school were talking about it back then. Either they were BS'ing or a uncensored version exsists.
      I beleive this is true.

Comment

I don't remember any drive by, but hey - Axl's a re-re, so who knows.

I always thought it was metaphoric - that you fall in love and its great, then it dies.

The bigger question - did they need two versions of "Don't Cry" and is there a difference between them?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          I believe one time in 92-3 they showed the uncensored version of the video on MTV one time only. It was such a long time ago but I was told it was a drive by those guys in the Lincolns and fancy suits at the wedding that is why everyone was diving under the tables.

I have been trying to confirm this but cant find any info of a uncensored version, I personally did not see it but I remember a few people at school were talking about it back then. Either they were BS'ing or a uncensored version exists.
          Actually the reason why the girl died at the end of the end of the video might have been even more sinister...
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Rain

But there's no such thing as an uncut version of the Music video.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
            Actually the reason why the girl died at the end of the end of the video might have been even more sinister...
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Rain

But there's no such thing as an uncut version of the Music video.
            It was loosley based on the Del James story there were a few diffrences. I swear I remember a "Version 2 or uncut video" and I know of others that confirmed this including the post above me. 92 was such a long time ago.

Comment

Axl probably beat her in the video like he did in real life.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                The bigger question - did they need two versions of "Don't Cry" and is there a difference between them?
                Yup, the other version has really abusive lyrics. It's more a "Don't cry you bitch!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re6TtjOqJb0

Comment

the real metaphor is that the band died. cuz Axl was such a primadonna.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                    the real metaphor is that the band died. cuz Axl was such a primadonna.
                    I'm goin' with this one...

Buns N Poses...
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

She died of boredom waiting for Chinese Democracy.

What? He released it already?

When?

Really?

Fucking hell, news to me, I'll have to go and get that then.

Nah, fuck it, can't be bothered.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                        Yup, the other version has really abusive lyrics. It's more a "Don't cry you bitch!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re6TtjOqJb0
                        "Abusive"..?:think:

That's just pillow talk baby!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          She died of boredom waiting for Chinese Democracy.

What? He released it already?

When?

Really?

Fucking hell, news to me, I'll have to go and get that then.

Nah, fuck it, can't be bothered.
                          +1..

Comment

I almost died listening to chinese democracy
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

IIIIIIIIIII-YYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- can't stand Axle Rose. Fuck him in his nasally singing, temper-tantrum, riot causing, scared of Vince Neal, nasty dread-lock ass.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X