X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick out of jail?

Has it been that long already? WTF?:think:
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

He isn't out yet. I guess he is going to a half-way house in May and his sentence ends in July. He is traveling to a bankruptcy hearing this week.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

That asshole should have gotten life in prison for what he did.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        That asshole should have gotten life in prison for what he did.
        Life... really? Who did he rape or kill?
        While I don't condone dog fighting, I would hardly rank what HE did as warranting a life sentence.

I think he got what he deserved.
        No career, no money and the loss of his freedom for a while.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          While I don't condone dog fighting, I would hardly rank what HE did as warranting a life sentence.

I agree 100% RJ. Life is a pretty stiff penalty for what he did. I'd be willing to bet he gets back in the NFL some how, some way, some day (don't want to see it, just saying) Look at Leonard Little, now that MOFO deserved life!

Comment

wasn't it this forum where everyone cheered when some schmuck tried to steal an antenna or something like that but got shot to death?
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

He cant be out. Jerry Jones would have already recruited him to play for the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                He cant be out. Jerry Jones would have already recruited him to play for the Cowboys.
                :ROTF: Good one!

Comment

As much as I deplore what he did he served his time and should be allowed to go back to work. I was actually shocked he got what he did. Its sickening but we people can kill people and get less time in jail. Vince Neil got 30 days for killing someone.

Comment

No money? He had to pay $1 million to care for those poor dogs who will never be right in the head. He made more than that in half the 2006 season. I just hope the NFL upholds his suspension.
                    Scott

Comment

The fact that he was doing it intentionally for fun made it worse than what Vince Neil did. It's all about the motive, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        No money? He had to pay $1 million to care for those poor dogs who will never be right in the head. He made more than that in half the 2006 season. I just hope the NFL upholds his suspension.
                        The dude is broke.
                        The whole reason he is traveling to Virginia is to appear in front of a bankruptcy judge.
                        All four of his houses are in the process of being liquidated.
                        That's pretty much all he has left.

If he's lucky, he will be able to sell them at auction and have a few bucks left after paying off all his debts to buy a normal size house with.
                        But that doesn't seem to be playing out either.
                        His house in Atlanta was in a bankruptcy auction a few weeks ago and it didn't sell. Bad time to be selling a house these days.

He brought this shit on himself, so there is no pity from me.
                        But your "That asshole should have gotten life in prison for what he did." comment was just plain ignorant.
                        People have received less time for far worse.

He has been indefinitely suspended from the NFL. While not impossible, I highly doubt he would be reinstated anytime soon, if at all.
                        -Rick

Comment

I won't dispute that motive plays a part.

Comment

The dude is broke.
                            The whole reason he is traveling to Virginia is to appear in front of a bankruptcy judge.
                            All four of his houses are in the process of being liquidated.
                            That's pretty much all he has left.

If he's lucky, he will be able to sell them at auction and have a few bucks left after paying off all his debts to buy a normal size house with.
                            But that doesn't seem to be playing out either.
                            His house in Atlanta was in a bankruptcy auction a few weeks ago and it didn't sell. Bad time to be selling a house these days.

He brought this shit on himself, so there is no pity from me.
                            But your "That asshole should have gotten life in prison for what he did." comment was just plain ignorant.
                            People have received less time for far worse.

He has been indefinitely suspended from the NFL. While not impossible, I highly doubt he would be reinstated anytime soon, if at all.
                            I'd let him back into the NFL if he pledged 80% of his after tax income to the ASPCA or somesuch organization and made a legitimate apology. While unlikely, he could be of value to both NFL and animal rights going fwd.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

He's from around here, so the local news has stories about him all the time. He supposedly won't have to go to a halfway house because there isn't any room, so he'll get a period of house arrest or something. From the sports radio I've been hearing, it sounds like a foregone conclusion that he'll be on the field somewhere before too long. I expect there will be protests any time he takes the field, whether at a mini-camp or a game. There are millions of people who will never forgive him or forget what he did, or believe he's sorry for anything other than getting caught, no matter what he says or who he donates money to. It'll be interesting to see how the NFL handles it, since they're all about PR.

Comment

Working...
                              X