'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08-'09 NHL Playoffs

They're right around the corner. I thought the Flames would be the team to beat after the trade deadline (could still be) but they haven't been as impressive as I thought. Carolina is looking dangerous, Brodeur has the Devils at top form, and the Pens seem to peaking at the right time ( I would love to see a first round Pens/Flyers series!). You can't ever forget about Detroit either...they seem more impressive than the Sharks from what I've seen. I can't wait for mid-April!!!

Still a few games left for us if we're going to see the post! If the Blues did get in, I doubt they see round 2 tho...
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Fear this man...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Mason on the St. Louis Blues (best jersey in hockey) just may save the season for them.
        Luongo and Vancouver are playing extremely well right now.
        In the month of march-Carolina and Pittsburgh are 9-1.
        The Columbus Fukking Blue Jackets have made their way into my heart.
        For extensive NHL coverage, and some of my finest work, check out my daily headache posts on the Underground.
        If you don't like the NHL you're hucklefukked.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was wondering if anyone would mention the 'Nucks!
          I'm a Canucks fan. Needless to say, I'm rootin' for them.

The post season will tell if trade deals made at the deadline by the teams in contention will pay off or not. Speaking of trade deals, or lack thereof; In the case of my 'Nucks? We'll see if those teams in contention, who didn't make any moves, perform in the second season.

I love the Stanley Cup playoffs and if my team is in 'em, I love 'em even more!

Go Canucks go!
          G.

Comment

Go Flames!

Comment

Unless something drastic happens, it's looking like the Canucks will be up against Chicago in the first round, which should be an interesting matchup. That is of course unless they manage to catch Calgary, which would be sweet.
              I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

I thought the Flames did the best at the trade deadline.
                Jokinnen and Leopold were great pickups for them.
                Flames remind me of the Capitals in a way. They're both big teams, and they hit hard and score a lot. Seems like Kiprusoff plays every night for them. give him a tiny break, and then let him play the last 4-5 games of the season to tune back up.

Comment

but the way Kunitz and Guerin are playing it looks like the much hated Pesky Pengies
                  have won the deadline sweepstakes.

Comment

Im a blackhawks fan. Since we havent made the playoffs since 1872... Im happy.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

i think Kane is even better than Toews. Hawks hit a bit of a lull for a spell there but seem to be back in business. great game against the sharks the other night too.

Comment

I will not discuss my Blueshirts until after they either win or tank tonite in Atlanta.
                        Must shutdown Kovalchuk, fukkin' guy scores every night now.

Comment

Friggin Wild and their Friggin losing streaks.. God Forbid they'd win three or four games in a row when it counts. Then Gaborik comes back and scores four goals.... nice time to get hot you pansy.

Sorry. Rant over. If the Wild don't make it this year it will be their own darn fault. Then I don't know who to root for. Boston!
                          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

crushed the islanders last night, but you're biggest headache now Thor just may be the Ducks, they've gotten hot again. i hate them. Predators are an obstacle too. The Wild have good goaltending and defense, need to light up the scoreboard more like last night.

Comment

Should be an interesting night, lotsa important games in the west.
                              I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Working...
                              X