No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The playoff race this year in both conferences has been awesome. Everyone glued to the boob tube, biting fingernails, going through all the game rituals, it's just great.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings

The east is set...congratulations Tommay, da Blueshirts are in
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Thankyou sir. That first goal was, i don't know , what do you think?
        I've seen the whistle blow way too fast, and this time it didn't blow at all-lol
        I'll take it though.

Alright guys,
        What are your pre-game rituals that you perform?
        I've cut out all the superstitious shit like keeping the volume on the remote at the same level if things are going well. Taping up pictures of my family around the outside of the T.V. and making a shrine out of it. tacking jerseys up on the wall over the t.v., along with my famous green tattered hoodie that you all remember, meditation, prayer, calling friends for good vibes, playing the yankees theme or Rangers goal song on the guitar before the game. Playing to the star spangled banner while it's being sung. All kinds of silly shit. One time things were going so well during a yankee playoff game against the twins that i started out stretched across this huge chair in my house with my left leg hanging over one side and my right arm dangling over the right side, and i stayed that way until the 8th inning. people were like what the fukk tommy, and all I could say was shut up, do not talk to me, and get me something from the fridge I can't move, everything's going too swimmingly.

I have now cut all of that shit out now, I have narrowed it all down to one move, and one move only. All I do now is tape up my right hand for any possible bedroom wall hole punchings that may and probably will arise. there's 5 of them currently since the month of November. all Jet and Ranger related. my girlfriend is so thrilled about it-lol
        she used to joke at "how crazy he is" to her girlfriends, and a little over a year ago she basically said "you're so fukked in the head Tommy, why do you care so much? you have no control over what's going on in the game so why bother freaking out"

my reply-
        "it's attitudes like fukkin'that which have contributed to there being no NFL team here!!!!"

I win.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Only one for me... I have to be wearing the same color jersey as the Hawks.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings

The east is set...congratulations Tommay, da Blueshirts are in
            Dude, how in hell did the Wangs give that game up? I was so pissed when they blew a 3-1 lead in the 3rd, but I could see it coming for some reason, just the jump the Jacks had coming out. For the record I found it very strange watching that game and rooting for the Wangs, it was like the entire earth was off axis or something... :ROTF:

Well, as long as the Ducks lose one of the two they have left, we should be alright. Hopefully the Blues are hungry enough. We'll find out tonight. Maybe the Jacks will rest a few guys now that they're in.
            Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• The Wings hadnothing toplay for since around February

I knew the Banjo pickers wouldnt die that easy and that turnover by Lidstrom was gonna be all they needed to get er goin
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• There were a couple of turnovers that were just horrible, to say the least.

Oh well, it would have been a lot easier had the Wings covered last night...

We'll see what happens!
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• Tommy...I dont have any rituals anymore, they don't work. I used to do the shave/not shave bassd on how they play. Sit in the same side of the couch if they were doing well...move it they werent. Wear Red Wing colors, use the same or different after save / deodorant etc...nothinh worked really. That OCD stuff had no barring on the outcome of the games. What happens, happens with hard work, good luck, good health and good goaltending any team can go deep. That is what makes NHL playoffs so cool...
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

• heh, I've never done any superstitious things...except when my wife watches with me the Flyers tend to lose, so she doesn't watch anymore. It's okay though, she doesn't really enjoy watching sports on tv.

Rupe - You really think Beantown can beat the Craps? In any case, the matchups this year in the east are going to be a lot of fun to watch.
                    Scott

Comment

• shouldn't speculate until sunday is over, but just for the hell of it, who do you think has the best chance to knock out a top 3 seeded team in the first round?
                      It better not be the Ducks, that's all I care about. It's very important that they lose for me no matter who they are playing. Have too many Duck fans around me out here, who would be Kings fans if the situation were reversed-lol

Comment

• whoever ends up the 7 and 8 seeds in both conference 1-8 and 2-7 are where the upsets occur.

The Ducks could very well be one to do it. It looks like they'll probably play Detroit in the first round..they are playing some good hockey right now. I don't fear them at all but it is the playoffs and anything can happen. I hate the travel if its not a 4 game sweep. Chris Schlonger is also an unruly cheap-shot prick to play against so the injury factor comes into play
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• are they gonna sit Hossa until the playoffs? they should, what's the extent of his ordeal last night?

Comment

• My superstition? go to games! I am 7-1 at the Wachovia Center, notables being Game 1 of the 03-04 playoffs against the Devils, Game 2 against the Leafs, and the epic Game 6 against Tampa Bay, along with the classic that was Game 4 of against the Caps last year. It is also undefeated at Phantoms games. Only loss came in 06-07 against Buffalo in over time.

I'm pissed about that first goal yesterday, but really it was just shaping up to be one of those nights, and the Flyer's destiny is still in their own hands so I'm not concerned, but they should have locked up the 4th seed by now, and that game would have put them a lot closer. They need to win one game and go to OT in another. as if even if they win one Game, and the Penguins and Hurricanes lose, the Pens have the second tiebreaker, and the Canes have the first.

Comment

• he had an MRI today...no torn groin muscle. He wanted to play Sunday but they will sit him the last 2 games to play it safe. He'll be in game 1 of round 1.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Like I said, usually the whistle is blown way too early, but it was non existent last night on that first goal. You hit a shitload of posts last night, and Henrik made some great saves.

I'd sit Hossa as well Shawn, he's too important to jeopardize. he's had head injuries as well, still had a 40 goal season. Franzen will probably step up in the playoffs.
                                He's under rated i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X