No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they should turn the lights off too along with the blackout and see how the goalies handle it.-lol
    anyone remember that game in buffalo in the 70's with the fog?????
    is anyone here that old?-lol
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• The Hawks - Flames game is intense. Glad to see the Hawks showed up in the third. Kiprosoff is earning his pay in the third.

You're right. Triple headers rule! I'm sure we'll see Tekky and Strangle here shortly...

Comment

• Tommy, remember when Fox used to televise NHL games, and they had the halo around the puck with the tail that looked like a comet streaking down the ice?

I missed the Buffalo fog game, I didn't start watching hockey until 1995. That's the price you pay for being a backwoods farm boy growing up in the sticks.
        Last edited by Razor; 04-16-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Damn that was fast. Nice comeback by the Hawks! That one was an ace of getting called back though. Neat that they were talking about Havlat being the only player on the ice to have scored an overtime goal in a playoff game right before he scores.

Comment

• 12 seconds in to OT and the Hawks win!
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• i feel gipped by that overtime-lol
              anyway,
              Raze,
              the fog game was sick. Sabres-Flyers, game three in '75. It got so hot in the sabres arena, that this fog rose up from the ice and you couldn't see the players legs for a while, much less the puck, and then you almost couldn't see the players-lol
              it was so sick. then one of the sabres players saw a bat flying in the arena and he killed it with his stick during the game. i'm not kidding here raze, it was a doozy of all doozies-lol lol lol. Sabres won, but the flyers won the series and the cup that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                I bet the Cryer fans out there wish they still had RJ Umberger. I for one would like to have seen him wearing a Pens jersey when he hit free agency. I'm sure we just saw Tommy go from Mr Hyde to Dr Jekyl with that goal.
                RJ is yesterday's news out here, sorry. I've not heard his name all year. We have 6 25 goal scorers, Briere, and Giroux. And you think we miss RJ

Comment

• This was the start of towel waving in hockey. Roger Nielsen surrendering to the refs in the 1982 Playoffs in a game versus the Blackhawks. The next game in Vancouver all the fans showed up with white towels. RIP Roger.

It's become a bit of a travesty now. They give out towels all covered in corporate logos and shit. That first game everyone brought their own linen lol!
                  Last edited by Hellbat; 04-17-2009, 12:42 AM.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• my first round upset special headache Ducks take game one.
                    Sharks may be snakebitten, even though it's just one game.

Comment

• Man, great games last night! It IS officially playoff season!

Only complaint I have, WAY too many fkn penalties! Let em play for fuck's sake! I realize some shit has to be called, but it's almost like you can't even bump someone off the puck any more! :think:

Whiteouts/blackouts, I don't remember when this was, but it was an Easter Sunday, Hat day in St. Louis, they gave out all the old hats from a season opener that didn't happen for some reason between the Hawks/Blues and they had thousands of hats left over, so they gave em out that day.

Long story short, Hullie scores a hat trick and the biggest fkn whiteout I've ever witnessed, anywhere. Truly amazing! Let me see if I can find a pic. I still have a couple of those hats somewhere, I left there with no less than 20 of them! It took them at least 45 minutes to clean em up.

Had to be early 90's I'd guess, I'll look it up.

Another memorable game, Gretky's first in St. Louis, standing ovation for what seemed like 30 minutes or so! I've never heard more decibal's from the Saavis Center ever, talk about chills man! And that Iron fkn Mike had to fuck it all up! He totally screwed the Blues! Someone should have put him on the back of Twist's or Gasoff's bike one night after a stuper!
                      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• funniest thing I've seen in a while was in Chicago they gave out those plastic contruction helmets w/ a blackhawk logo on them...someone got a hat trick and thousands of free helmets eneded up on the ice...

I remember that fog game, I was watching it.

How about dem Sharks? ....
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• That hat day was actually April 16th, 1995 against Detroit, but I sure as hell can't find a freakin picture anywhere. And I don't think it was the inaugural hats, I still have some somewhere, I'll hafta have a looksee...
                          Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• Hartnell must be doing something right to get the Pens fans all riled up.

I miss Umberger, but he was a victim of the salary cap. The player I miss most is Scottie Upshall.

Anyway, we'll see how things go tonight. The Flyers have all of the pieces, it's just getting them to work together that they have trouble with. Their defense totally collapsed in Game 1.

As far as the fog game goes, I wasn't even born yet!
                            Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              funniest thing I've seen in a while was in Chicago they gave out those plastic contruction helmets w/ a blackhawk logo on them...someone got a hat trick and thousands of free helmets eneded up on the ice...

We were at that game - it was this year against the Pens. Toews got his first ever hattrick - the hardhats flew. The goal got negated because of a high stick. He came back to score again - again the hardhats flew. Freaking crazy.

And last night - I totally didn't think they were going to pull it off. Looked like a bunch of big eyed kids going to the big city for the first time. Keenan was totally whining about Kippersoft getting bumped when one of is guys planted an uppercut on Khabby and got no call. It's playoff hockey - it's physical. The Flames came in all talk about being tougher physically than the Hawks - but apparently the kids showed they could take it. Should be a very interesting series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
                                Man, great games last night! It IS officially playoff season!

Only complaint I have, WAY too many fkn penalties! Let em play for fuck's sake! I realize some shit has to be called, but it's almost like you can't even bump someone off the puck any more! :think:
                                But you can never have too many penalties against the Flyers, as they are just dirty goons :ROTF:

BTW, Carcillo is out to be replaced by... Luca Sbisa. Randy Johns is an OFD, so naturally you would stick him in the forward line and Sbisa, the better damn on the defense right? Noooo, because Randy must be dating somebody's daughter, which explains why he still int he lineup. Flyer's D sucks. You have Coburn, Timonen, and a bunch of people who either aren't ready yet or are goons. Sbisa is good but maybe not quite ready for playoff hockey. Parent has another year before I think he is ready to be out there like he is, but I will say he doesn't do anything to hurt the team, he just doesn't make the plays. Alberts is alright, but is too slow. Their mistake was waiving Ossi Vaanen and not Jones imo.

As for my vote for best giveaway... Scott Hartnell wig night late this season, end of. He came so close to a hat trick too. I also have to say the Flyer's started the whole "Sea of [team color]" with the Orange Crush, which imo has the most impact of any of the teams because of the color. The Caps though have a Red tide or whatever everday, if only because everyone wears Ovechkin home jerseys...

Comment

Working...
                                X