• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers up 2 games to none...great game by Lundqvist
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      Oh and can McCreary ref every game? He is by far the most consistent ref in the game right now.
      I always cringe when they announce his name in the regular season because he will make some stupid calls and Helen Keller the rest of them.

During the playoffs he does seem to be more of a "let them play" ref though.

Jackets and Wings game looks like it will be a good one so far. The Wings are just scary good though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Biron had a fantastic game, I thought. The game winner was a bit soft, but he didn't have much of chance in 5 on 3 with Pens.

When the Flyers were on last night, they were really good. When they were off, they played horribly. I have to wonder what they would look like if Upschall were here instead of suspended Carcillo.

It'll be interesting to see how we play tomorrow. It's definitely a must-dominate game.
        I think you'll see the Flyers come out with all guns blazing tomorrow night. It's a must win game, the end result will be how well the Pens weather the first period storm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          Rangers up 2 games to none...great game by Lundqvist
          That one kind of shocks me, but King Henrik is a stud in goal. I'm shocked the Ranger's defense generated 24 giveaways from the Capital's to the Ranger's 7 giveaways.

If the Cap's don't get past the first round, I don't think Ovechkin has a chance at winning the MVP. Not that I think he deserves it anyway...

Damn, if it weren't for Mason standing on his head the Jacket's would be in biggggggg trouble.

Comment

• Caught the last period of the Caps/Rangers. Rangers could be a major upset team during the playoffs. Their play reminded me of the Devils of the late 90s - score a goal and just shut the other team down.
            Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              do they every play the twins on a same line with chrome dome Sudin? Bet that drive announces crazy
              It's funny enough just listening to the announcer when the twins are on the ice, "Sedin passes to Sedin, back to Sedin, over to Sedin, drops for Sedin, Sedin scores!!!" The best were "the shifts", the two or three over the course of the season where the twins cycled in the offensive zone for entire 2+ minute shifts and I think once for an entire powerplay, I thought the announcer was gonna have a stroke.
              I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

• Ok, I've about had it with the refs and the bogus calls! When are they gonna let em play hockey? WTF? :think: This is BS!
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• I don't like a lot of the calls either Pat but its been that way since the lockout in the regular season at least. I'm hoping that as the series get further along that they'll swallow their whistles a bit. Special teams hockey sucks, sucks even harder in the playoffs imho.

On to games 3, the pivotal games. Teams up 2-0 with home wins havent did anything except what they are supposed to do. Playoffs are best of 7 for a reason, win some games in the road barn and then your on to something.

I'm a bit surprised by NYR's grabbing 2 on the road like that. They can't relax any at MSG. Ovechkin is a great offensive player with a one track mind which is hurting his team defensively imho. If NYR keep play a good team game great 8 may be back training in Russia pretty soon
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Flyers up 2-1 after one...Malkin's score right at the end of the period was sweet

Lots of hitting once again...not too many whistles.

Comment

• Pens get totally outplayed by the Flyers, and didn't play a disciplined game. Biron, Gagne, Richards and Giroux were the standout players IMHO. Biron for making the timely stops, Giroux for making the timely plays especially the shorthanded assist, Richards for not letting up, and Gagne for burying the puck and being the scoring threat he is.

Pens need to step up and bring their disciplined physical play in game four, quit playing east/west hockey, and move the puck up ice for fucks sake.
                      Last edited by Razor; 04-19-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Can I get out my broom yet?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• The goaltending battle has taken a back seat to special teams. St. Lou's powerplay scoring (or lack thereof) is killing them. 3 down, 1 to go.
                          I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

• Yeh, Fuck the Blues! I'm done! No, No broom needed...

Nuck's scored 2 weak, lame ass goals man, that sucked! yeh yeh, still a goal, but what a bunch of fkn cheese!
                            Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• I have come up with a new ritual. and it's filthy but I like it.
                              I have on the same sweat pants that I have from the first ranger win, and i will not wear anything else if all can somehow go well tomorrow night at the garden. this is not to say i have not washed, just have not washed the pants, and i will not until they lose a game. Rangers need this game badly, the caps always play well at MSG. I'm still shaking in my shoes.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Finally, the Flyers showed up! Pens looked totally outplayed the entire game. The shorthanded goal just killed any energy they had left.

Giroux is going to be a superstar. He's got the scoring ability, the playmaking ability, and gives some good hits too. He even threw some punches in that big scrum.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X