No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for the dustpan... It's always some cheesy goal man, always! I seem to recall an Stevey Y goal like that, failed routine stop in OT (2nd/3rd?) in a game 7, oh well...

I'll tell you, if the Canucks play like they have these last few games, they're done in round 2. The Blues aren't that great of team and should have won a couple of those games, 3 or 4 cheese goals won it for them. Call it what you want, but Mason wasn't tops on his game and the Blues outplayed the Canucks for more time than not.

Congrat's Nuck's fans...
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      this interviewing the coach and or players on the bench during play is fukkin' bullshit.
      Tommy, I couldn't agree more! WTF? This is the playoffs!

Well coach, how are you gonna come back from the 2-1 deficit? We're gonna score you dumbshit, now get off my bench bitch!
      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
        Anyone who thinks Brodeur was interfered with is a Devils fan.
        "Fatso" is crying his ass off about that play. He was out of his crease,
        and not one Devil was in the shooting lane, you must play until you hear the siren,
        and that's it, Jokinnen had position, if anything Brodeur was the aggressor.

I looked up goaltender interference in official NHL rulebook..it stated that its only a minor penalty for goaltender inteference if a big #96 Tomas Holstrom is the player in question. Marty can go pound sand and his ex-wifes sister
        Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 04-22-2009, 09:35 AM.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Wow, I mean I'm disappointed that the flyers lost, but I am proud of teh way they played. Dominated the Pens the entire game. If Fleury wasn't hot, that game would have been 12-2 Flyers.

I know usually a team going down 3-1 in a series is the end, but the Pens better hope Fleury stays in the zone for the next game.

I hope the Flyers can afford to keep their players for next year. They're going to have a good team for a long time.
          Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Well, now I don't feel so bad for posting the picture of a broom after game 1. I usually don't try to call things like that because I'm crazy superstitious when it comes to hockey, (Growing a playoff beard at the moment.) but I had a gut feeling after game one that the Blues would have a hard time with the Canucks. I think they have a chance to be a force if they surround the youthful core with some journeyman role players.

I'd like to see the Blackhawks eliminate the Flames and I'd like to see Anaheim beat the Sharks in order to setup the best matchups for the Canucks. If they can make it to the 3rd round and battle past Detroit to make it out of the western conference, they have a good chance. I don't know if they can get past Detroit, but it would be a good battle I think.

Congratulations - I think the Blues got hosed on the waives off goal thought. Be careful what you wish for I hope the Sharks / Ducks series goes long and they beat the crap outta each other. I know I'll be happy that one west coast team goes down.

I really don't care who The Wings play from the other series, who else wins as I feel thats showing signs of weakness...play anyone, anywhere anytime just to remove the woulda, coulda, shoulda element for fans of teams that fell who are watching a different team (the Wings) raise the cup
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Fluery stood on his head. Wow, what a game. It's ashame for the Flyers too as they probably outplayed the Pens for most of the game, but the power play let them down. I think Biron should have caught that second goal though... they've needed him to do what Fluery is doing and he just can't. .
              Fluery was sick! I think Biron was awesome as well...he gave up only two goals on quite a few decent scoring opportunities, one of which I'm not quite sure what he could have done to stop (that ugly Crosby goal).

I'm standing by my "Pens in 5" prediction (see post #242 ) but a Fleury letdown and a few fortunate breaks can put Philly right back in this one.

Pens need to start playing like they did to open the series...they seem too laid back these last two games. :think:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                Fluery was sick! I think Biron was awesome as well...he gave up only two goals on quite a few decent scoring opportunities, one of which I'm not quite sure what he could have done to stop (that ugly Crosby goal).

I'm standing by my "Pens in 5" prediction (see post #242 ) but a Fleury letdown and a few fortunate breaks can put Philly right back in this one.

Pens need to start playing like they did to open the series...they seem too laid back these last two games. :think:
                Yeah, I still need to look up the rule on goaltender interference...I wasn't aware you could crash into the net like that.

I think the Flyers have just turned up the pressure these last two games and the Pens haven't adjusted. This is two games now that they were totally outplayed. I really can't complain about the loss though; the Flyers played full intensity up until the empty-netter. A couple of years ago, they would have given up after the Crosby goal and lost 8-0.

Oh, and can we trade you for Staal? :P

edit: here's the rule...I think maybe it should have been disallowed?
                69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
                If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
                If, after any contact by a goalkeeper who is attempting to establish position in his goal crease, the attacking player does not immediately vacate his current position in the goal crease (i.e. give ground to the goalkeeper), and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. In all such cases, whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a minor penalty for goalkeeper interference.
                If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
                For this purpose, a player “establishes a significant position within the crease” when, in the Referee’s judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.
                There's another piece that will allow the goal if the attacking player was pushed, etc. by a defending player, but it looked to me like Crosby didn't really try to stop. Orange-tinted glasses perhaps.
                Last edited by Spivonious; 04-22-2009, 09:16 AM.
                Scott

Comment

• I've said it before, and I'll say it again, King Henrik is a stud! Anyone wanna take odds Avery doesn't play next game? Henrik should have punched him in the nuts for putting their backs against the wall in the third.

Comment

• what happened? ovechkin hit me right in the fukkin' forehead with a whistler.
                    came right through the t.v. and knocked me out cold. the t.v.'s broken of course,
                    and i'm typing with 1 index finger. did we win///////////, shit i can't type question mark
                    with one finger. what a shellacking.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Tommy, you won. You better find replacement sweat pants! Make sure Avery gets to sit on the bench with the dunce cap on too.

King Henrik played like Fleury last night, so your Rangers held on for the win, despite Avery's best efforts.

That shot from Ovechkin did have some mustard on it. You've got a little on your cheek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                        notice how he waits until big John Erskine to leave before he starts crap...then waits until the refs are between them? I love the look on coach Torts face in that clip

I have no problems playing with an edge and being a prick to play against but man up and drop the mitts, and not with a guy who never drops em
                        shawn no offense, but youve got kirk "the turtle" maltby on your team.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          shawn no offense, but youve got kirk "the turtle" maltby on your team.
                          No offense taken, Malts is a good example of an agitator/pesk who doesnt drop them, he dosent fight but is always in the scrum and doesnt back down. He isnt a turtle, the turtle is Claude Lemieux and he's with the Sharks.
                          Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 04-22-2009, 11:36 PM.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• alright I haven't been honest with you guys. the truth is, and I swear this on my mother to be true-
                            I have not shaved, showered, or changed my black boxing shirt or now famous pants since the game 1 win last week on Wed. For real, it's been a week, I work from the house and since things for the most part have been going so well, I just had to give the pants another shot. My girlfried is freaked though and said no shower, no bed. she said she'd stay on the couch. Pretty cool girl not to bounce me out of the bed
                            eh? I do wreak though, it's not pretty.
                            Hey, some guys grow playoff beards, I grow moss-lol
                            I really want to make it to Friday but it is getting out of hand, in fact it's fukkin' gross as hell but we're up 3-1 and been outplayed ridiculously.
                            What should I do? seriously.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Congratulations Tommy, the Rangers got the choke hold on the Caps now. Don't change you clothes until after the next game

Nah, nah, nah nah, hey hey goodbye Montreal...

Looks like the Flames are making a series out of it with the Blackhwaks
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                                No offense taken, Malts is a good example of an agitator/pesk who doesnt drop them, he dosent fight but is always in the scrum and doesnt back down. He isnt a turtle, the turtle is Claude Lemieux and he's with the Sharks.
                                if youre gonna be an agitator, you better be able to drop them. otherwise youre just a pussy. like kirk.

claude lemieux is a piece of crap also.
                                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X