'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
    alright I haven't been honest with you guys. the truth is, and I swear this on my mother to be true-
    I have not shaved, showered, or changed my black boxing shirt or now famous pants since the game 1 win last week on Wed. For real, it's been a week, I work from the house and since things for the most part have been going so well, I just had to give the pants another shot. My girlfried is freaked though and said no shower, no bed. she said she'd stay on the couch. Pretty cool girl not to bounce me out of the bed
    eh? I do wreak though, it's not pretty.
    Hey, some guys grow playoff beards, I grow moss-lol
    I really want to make it to Friday but it is getting out of hand, in fact it's fukkin' gross as hell but we're up 3-1 and been outplayed ridiculously.
    What should I do? seriously.
    Take a shower dude...what you dont want is your girl to negate the affect and power of the playoff mojo by secretly wishing your team to lose so you'll take a shower and put on clean clothes its the ying-yang malmsteen theory and its true...
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
      if youre gonna be an agitator, you better be able to drop them. otherwise youre just a pussy. like kirk.

claude lemieux is a piece of crap also.
      I'll buy that...I dont recall ever seeing Kirk Maltby fight anyone and I've been a Wing fan all my life.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Tommy, I second Shawn's first vote. Gotta wait until the series is over.

Cool to see the Hawks come back to tie it up and make it a game again.

As much as I hate the Bruins, I hate the Habs a little more. What's scary about the B's is they not only have the muscle, they have the skill too. Lucic is going to be one hell of a power forward. It's a damn shame he's playing in Beantown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          I'll buy that...I dont recall ever seeing Kirk Maltby fight anyone and I've been a Wing fan all my life.
          then again, hes got what, 3 cups? Im sure he doesnt care what i have to say.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• i'm pretty grisly, i think i gotta wash with drano it's so bad. i must shower, i've done my job well but it's just out of control.
            poor hawks, sucks to come back like that and lose. admirable effort on their part, and also admirable that the flames didn't fully gag it away.
            Bobby Nystrom's kid ends it. And i'm ending this odor.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Tommy...you CAN'T shower until the Rangers are out of it or win the whole thing. If you do, you'll doom them for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                then again, hes got what, 3 cups? Im sure he doesnt care what i have to say.
                4 cups
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Avery wasnt a problem until his medicine wore off in the 3rd. As soon as the caps applied pressure he popped a fuse and started being a dick, the opposite of what he needed to do. Bench time! King Henrik is fucking amazing. Liking what I see from Gomez too.

Comment

• i like the way Doobie is playing. Dubinsky that is. Callahan is a much better player under Tortorella. He's little, but he's a tough cookie. Hell, the rangers are little in general, not much size at all on that team.

What are the chances that the Flyers stay alive tonite? I think it's gonna be hard for them to come out of there with a win, but if they do, watch out.
                    Same with the Caps, if they win the swing game all it takes is one more to tie it all up. Just can never get too comfortable in this sport, ever.
                    I snapped the streak of not showering at 7 days last night.
                    Rupe, if it meant a true run at the cup I would go on stinking, for real, but with the miracle that they win this series and having the Bruins next if they somehow pull it off, I just fagged out and washed. I apologize everyone.

Comment

• Watching NHL Live on the NHL network, they just said Satan is in for Sykora tonite, and Letang is a gametime decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        Watching NHL Live on the NHL network, they just said Satan is in for Sykora tonite, and Letang is a gametime decision.
                        Ah, so maybe the announcers were right when they thought Sykora was hurt.

I think the Penguins fate this round falls squarely on the shoulders of Fleury. If he plays well, they win, if he lets in some softies, the Flyers just might make it to round 2.
                        Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          Ah, so maybe the announcers were right when they thought Sykora was hurt.

I think the Penguins fate this round falls squarely on the shoulders of Fleury. If he plays well, they win, if he lets in some softies, the Flyers just might make it to round 2.
                          They need more than Fleury. The two goals that they put up in Tuesday's win most likely won't be enough to steal another one. Fleury could have easily given up 2-3 goals while still having a stellar game...the offense needs to get back to the tough, gritty style that they played in game one and leave the fancy stuff for someone else. The Flyers thrive on making "finesse" teams pay for that style of play.

I think Sykora has been hiding an injury for a couple of months now...he hasn't been himself at all for a while. Satan may be motivated enough after his humiliating season to be a short term difference maker.
                          Last edited by Rupe; 04-23-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• A rational Pens fan????? Can it be true?!?!?

May the best team win!
                            Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                              A rational Pens fan????? Can it be true?!?!?

May the best team win!
                              Hey, I'd like to think there are two of us here.

I agree with Rupe, the Pens have to play gritty and physical. The fancy east-west game will not beat the Flyers. The Pens have to go north-south and straight up bring it to them with all four lines. There's been way too much line juggling and double shifting the past two games for my taste.

Comment

• God dammit...

I just hope goal three by the Flyers shows the Pens the value of just shooting the puck instead of dangling around with it in the offensive zone and making area passes to the Flyers instead of shooting the fucking puck. Dumb fucking bastards deserve to lose when they play this fucking stupid.

Coachings been shitty the past three games now. Someone needs to bitch slap the whole coaching staff, and Fleury needs to skull fuck his team mates with his paddle for playing like a bunch of idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X