Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
    Ducks in triple OT
    Sounds like it was a hell of a game. I don't get NBC because I'm on Direct TV, and we have an NBC station locally. Only have one TV in the house with an antannae, and the wife has that one commandeered.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      watching the Red wings is pure enjoyment. They are the measuring stick of the NHL.
      Going into double OT in a few min., I'm scared to put out my cigarette at times hoping i don't miss something. Detroit needs to win this game, they are swarming but Hiller is the Ducks savior so far. Almost 50 shots on goal-lol
      ? watching the wings is like watching paint dry. They epitomise everything that is wrong with the "new' nhl.

go ducks.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• The Wings need to quit waiting around until the 3rd period to start the game. Kronwall is the goat of the game, turnover on the Getzlaff goal and rushing the puck in the 3 OT, getting caught in he offensive zone and not getting back into he play in time.

Carolina got hosed, that puck was in the net....should be 3-0 to start the 3rd.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• IMHO, watching the Wings is like watching a juggernaut. They play the same way year in and out. The can play a physical game, they can play a finesse game, and they can play physical and finesse at the same time. They are truly one of the most consistent teams of the past twenty years. Look at how many division and conference titles they've won since the late eighties. They've won their fair share of Cups too.

To me, they are the most consistent team in hockey.

Comment

• Tape to tape passes, eye popping moves, they threw 52 plus hits on the Ducks, and over 60 shots. They look good even when they lose-lol
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
              ? watching the wings is like watching paint dry.

go ducks.
              +1

I absolutely loathe the wings.... sorry Shawn
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                +1

I absolutely loathe the wings.... sorry Shawn
                no need to be sorry, when your good and dominate for so long, people hate you...its called NY Yankee syndrome
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  no need to be sorry, when your good and dominate for so long, people hate you...its called NY Yankee syndrome
                  you got that right
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• That's exactly right. I hate the Wings based on their body of work (much like people seem to hate my beloved Steelers), not because of anything within their organization or the way they play. Watching that marathon yesterday was like taking a course on Hockey 101...they just do everything well for the most part (every team will make a few mistakes and they ended up paying the price for it this time) and they play like a TEAM...no primadonnas.

In watching the Pens this year, it seems that they've learned a thing or three from playing the Wings in the finals last year. There seems to be a lot more grit to go along with the finesse this time around. If Fleury quits giving up rebounds and the team puts in 3 solid periods of effort, they should make it out of this round...they appear to be deeper than the Caps IMO.

Comment

• It's lonely at the top-lol

Comment

• I think everyone hates the Wings because prior to the cap they just bought a good team. Same thing that the Yankees do.

Very entertaining game yesterday though. The Ducks showed they could get outplayed and still win.
                        Scott

Comment

• Where have the Wings been since the cap started? The top of the NHL so that logic doesnt fly. Many teams had high payrolls and failures in the pre-lockout world. It's not how much you spend..its who you spend it on

Rupe, losing in the finals last year is certainly a learning experience for them. You have to have get that bad taste in your mouth to drive you not to let it happen again....happened to Detroit in 95 finals...here we are today, 4 cups later
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• They drafted well too. Many of the Wings stars were not first round picks.

Lidstrom - Round 3/ Pick 53
                            Federov - 4/74
                            Holmstrom - 10/257
                            Datsyuk - 6/171
                            Zetterberg - 7/210
                            Osgood - 3/54

Just to name a few.

Over the years did have a high payroll but a significant portion went to guys that weren't high draft picks. Yzerman was a first rounder and the fourth pick and he was the heart and soul of the team and paid the most for many years.

I understand the hatred but you can't diminish their success because they had a high payroll.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

• don't get me started about the yankees. without them there is no baseball. i have ammo. and they have alot of guys from their farm system as well as free agents.

Comment

• Yeah Jack, they have good scouting and know how to find picks people pass over. I remember Zetterberg joking that he thought that his draft was in alphabetical order
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X