'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
    When did Ovechkin ever dive? That's Penguins goggles to the highest degree. As for getting calls...it doesn't matter if it doesn't get the win. If the team that 'gets the benefit of the calls' wins then there is an issue. The officiating has been terrible throughout the playoffs this year anyway in my opinion.

Come on...that's way out there. You can clearly see that he was leading with his shoulder...why would he risk a knee on knee? It is his own career at risk too. People are whacked.
    Its not way out there. Its about the fifth time hes cheapshotted someone this year, and the second time hes hit gonchar with what could be a career ending injury. Even ovechkin said "the hit was dirty".
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• nothin like home cooking at the joe. Absolutely pathetic non call on cleary.

Comment

• The 3rd Wing goal shouldnt have counted but its Karma for the non-goal they called the other night. Wings take a 3-2 series with a chance to clinch on the road Tuesday night....
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          The 3rd Wing goal shouldnt have counted but its Karma for the non-goal they called the other night. Wings take a 3-2 series with a chance to clinch on the road Tuesday night....
          dont worry shawn, the refs and bettman will make sure you make it to the SCF.

then again, they will probably help you "win" the cup. I think michael jordan owns part of your team?
          Last edited by clifffclaven; 05-10-2009, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood
            Come on...that's way out there. You can clearly see that he was leading with his shoulder...why would he risk a knee on knee? It is his own career at risk too. People are whacked.
            Ok, someone has their Caps goggles on way too tight.

I could see he led with his knee when it happened, and the replays make it crystal clear that he led with his knee.

And, when Ovechkin dives, he gives an "all out" effort. He dives as much as he accuses Sid of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              The 3rd Wing goal shouldnt have counted but its Karma for the non-goal they called the other night. Wings take a 3-2 series with a chance to clinch on the road Tuesday night....
              +1000 but it should have never got that far, Wangs should have been called for a dive right before the goal!

I hate the Wangs, sorry Shawn...
              Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• that's envy Pat, not hate
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Holy shit what a series!!! This is probably as good as the cup will be easy. 3-3.
                  back to Washington.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• You got that right Tommy. What a frickin' nail biting series. Well, here's hoping the Pens can close it out on the road Wednesday. One thing for sure, this series has lived up to the hype.

Varlamov still blows me away with his play. Pretty cool seeing a young player stand tall like that.

Comment

• hold on to your hats...3rd period of the Blackhawk/Canucks game is gonna be a barn burner too
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Man, the Hawks are stepping up to close this series! What a barn burner!

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          Its not way out there. Its about the fifth time hes cheapshotted someone this year, and the second time hes hit gonchar with what could be a career ending injury. Even ovechkin said "the hit was dirty".
                          Ovechkin said he tried to hit him with the shoulder and Gonchar moved. He actually said that it was 'a little bit dirty' and he was trying to say 'bad'. He hasn't got a full grip on English...he makes grammar errors quite often. He said that they are friends and there's no way that he would try to hurt him.

It's way out there.

If you're talking cheap shots how about two months ago when Crosby punched a guy in the sack while his team mate was holding him...from behind and up between the legs? THAT's a cheap shot and dirty.
                          Last edited by goodwood; 05-11-2009, 11:45 PM.
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                            I could see he led with his knee when it happened, and the replays make it crystal clear that he led with his knee.
                            Watch the hit from behind where you can CLEARLY see that the weight is going over and his shoulder is leaning...when Gonchar moved he couldn't do anything...he actually probably saved further damage by trying to take the weight off of his leg on contact...as you can tell by the way his leg flies up after the hit. If he was out to injure he wouldn't have let his leg fly back. Anyone who thinks he would risk his own career on knee-on-kneeing someone is in need of a reality check.

Only every hockey broadcaster/analyst agrees.

You guys are right about the Chicago series...that's wild!
                            My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• congratulations to the Young Hawks. Da, da, da da, da da da, da da da de da de da, da da da......... That song really bothers me. Me mee mee mee mee maama ma mee mee mee ma mee. I can't fukkin' shake it. Who's got a rope.
                              Kane hat tricks, that was some shot on his last goal.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                                Ovechkin said he tried to hit him with the shoulder and Gonchar moved. He actually said that it was 'a little bit dirty' and he was trying to say 'bad'. He hasn't got a full grip on English...he makes grammar errors quite often. He said that they are friends and there's no way that he would try to hurt him.

It's way out there.

If you're talking cheap shots how about two months ago when Crosby punched a guy in the sack while his team mate was holding him...from behind and up between the legs? THAT's a cheap shot and dirty.
                                whatever, i dont care about crosby.

Again, its about the 5th cheapshot this year. If it was anyone else, they wouldve sat out this evenings' game.

Comment

Working...
                                X