No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I have to hand it to the Blackhawks. You could see the raw talent there, I just didn't think they'd be mature enough to carry it. These guys will be a force for years to come i think.

Canucks seemed to have no answers and looked more like the team that lost 9 in a row than the one that went on a tear to close out the season. At least as a long time Canuck fan I know how to cope with disappointment. The part that burns me the worst is the uncertainty that will hang over the team now. We had to break up our shut down checking line (Kesler and Burrows) to distribute scoring and we ended up with no ability to shut down the Hawks top unit. Now with the Sedins becoming free agents after a dissapointing series there is a chance the team may walk on them.

Now I have to decide on who I want to cheer for in the rest of the playoffs. My gut tells me whoever makes it out of the West will win it.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
      Again, its about the 5th cheapshot this year. If it was anyone else, they wouldve sat out this evenings' game.
      Well, you haven't been paying attention to the officiating then...see Bruin punched in face by Hurricane.
      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
        Well, you haven't been paying attention to the officiating then...see Bruin punched in face by Hurricane.
        Yeah, that was total bullshit. Walker shouldve been suspended, and it was in the last 5 min.... shouldve been a big fine under the instigator rule.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• who survives tonite -Bruins or Ducks? Or neither?
          Pick 'em.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Bruins.....Survive???

You meant anniahlate (yeah I spelled it wrong....go ahead say sumthin) the Canes right?
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
              Yeah, that was total bullshit. Walker shouldve been suspended, and it was in the last 5 min.... shouldve been a big fine under the instigator rule.
              Walker was fined $2500 which is the maximum fine assessable under the current CBA. The only way to hit the players harder in the pocketbook is salary loss from suspension. Even then the players lost salary goes to a union 'holding fund' to help cover pay during work stoppages. I saw the play, it was not pretty and Walker probably should have got 2-3 games for it, but I'm sorry if someone 5 feet in front of you throws their gloves to the ice and takes up a crouched stance, you don't hold your face out to him...
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Walker was fined $2500 which is the maximum fine assessable under the current CBA. The only way to hit the players harder in the pocketbook is salary loss from suspension. Even then the players lost salary goes to a union 'holding fund' to help cover pay during work stoppages. I saw the play, it was not pretty and Walker probably should have got 2-3 games for it, but I'm sorry if someone 5 feet in front of you throws their gloves to the ice and takes up a crouched stance, you don't hold your face out to him...
                yeah, still b.s. Ward said in his impromptu press conference that he didnt even know walker dropped his gloves until the punch was "about a foot from my face". I dunno. I mean brown got a game misconduct for a clean hit. The nhl is ridiculously inconsistent.

Comment

• btw, bruins destroying the canes right now.

Comment

• two game 7's now.

Comment

• c'mon wings, do not let this go 7 i hate the quack pansies.

They do not look as sharp tonite.

Comment

• Wings waited to long to get er going, they were flat and made one too many passes. Anaheim responded well and Hiller make some huge saves late in the 3rd. Back to the Joe and hoping home ice advantage is an advantage for Detroit

3 of the 4 series are game 7's...gonna be a couple nights of exciting playoff hockey!
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Shawn, i cant believe you guys didnt close them out. ducks have looked AWFUL the prior 2 games. WTF happened with the brawl at the end? I fell asleep and missed all the excitement in the third.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            but I'm sorry if someone 5 feet in front of you throws their gloves to the ice and takes up a crouched stance, you don't hold your face out to him...
                            I'd suggest that you watch that replay again. Ward was actually tied up (ish) with another player when Walker comes in and gets involved. As Ward is spinning (or being spun) from the other player around to face Walker he just looks as if he's getting his bearings on who spun him and he is punched immediately.

-there is no 5 feet away.
                            -the gloves were thrown off in such a way that Ward wouldn't even have noticed.
                            -there is no crouched stance.

In fact there is only about 3 seconds from when Ward is involved with the other player until he is hit.

Funny how the memory can get fogged-up on you like that isn't it? Too many Kokanees?

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                            yeah, still b.s. Ward said in his impromptu press conference that he didnt even know walker dropped his gloves until the punch was "about a foot from my face". I dunno. I mean brown got a game misconduct for a clean hit. The nhl is ridiculously inconsistent.
                            I could not agree more!
                            My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• It's not the Kokanee's its the hydroponics.

I never said it wasn't dirty punch or deserved, I'm just saying he should have had a bit more situational awareness. It's the playoffs and people's ability to behave rationally is stretched thin. Some people will do ANYTHING to win. The issue is the league doesn't have a set formula for punishment so things are inconsistent. To make matters worse, the players union gets all fugly when the league tries to give out long suspensions by filing grievances and legal challenges.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Imagine if the Young hawks didn't close out in that wild game the other night. We'd have 4 game 7's.

Yes, I am saying this, aren't you all glad the Rangers choked and didn't squeak by the Caps in the first round and stink up the 2nd round? i actually am. My friends would shoot me if they read this-lol

Comment

Working...
                                X