No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronger certainly got away with one. Wowee mathilda!!! The canes played a great game. I thought they were gonna survive at 2-1 but Lucic has quicker hands than i thought.
    Hey, the Pens and the Canes were the two hottest teams in hockey for that last month, so when you think about it now, it's not a stretch by any means.
    I'm withdrawing already, when do we start the next series?-lol
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      Call me crazy (everyone else does) but i think the pens can beat Boston , but i feel the canes have a good shot to beat the Pens. Anyone agree?????
      Yep...I agree and I'll be waving the Carolina flag!

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      The best hockey player in the world golfing...it's happened before. He'll be flying again next year!!
      Last edited by goodwood; 05-15-2009, 12:43 AM.
      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
        The best hockey player in the world golfing...it's happened before. He'll be flying again next year!!
        Best pure goal scorer, yes...best hockey player, not quite. Ovechkin doesn't come close to Crosby when it comes to elevating those around him or "seeing" the entire ice. He has a wicked "laser" shot though...one of the best I've ever seen.

Hopefully we'll be seeing this matchup again in the future...great series!

Bring on the Canes!

Comment

• Man, I wanted to see Boston, Chicago, and Detroit in the conference finals... Oh well. Three of the four would have been original six teams. That would've been sweet. I love the old school stuff.

Detroit and Chicago! That's gonna be a tough one for me because I want the Wings to win of course, but Khabibulin is one of my favorite goalies (hence my screen name). Either way, should be interesting. The Blackhawks look really good so far.

I don't think Osgood is all that great and you really can't count on him to steal a game. He gives up too many bad rebounds. If Chicago puts on the pressure, the Wings are in deep trouble.

Comment

• I really don't want to see a repeat of last year's finals. Let's go Canes/Hawks!
            Scott

Comment

• Detroit owns Khabibulin and they own Joel Quennville too. If Detroit plays a solid defensive game and remain healthy they should advance. Chicago has a lot of young talent that have no quit in them, they are a good team but Chicago hasn't played a good defensive team yet in the playoffs. Chris Osgood will be tested more that in the previous series but he'll come through and make the big saves when we need him to. It should be a fun series, special teams a depth will be the difference makers.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• i think the Pens are playing good enough to win the cup , then again the Canes are on a mission from God. the hawks keep coming back no matter what happens which is something the Wings should look at when they take a lead in a game.
                If the Wings play well, they win in 6. On paper I have the Pens in 6 as well, but I don't know nothin'. Hey, that's a double negative, which really means i know something. so in that case, i do not know anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  Detroit owns Khabibulin and they own Joel Quennville too. If Detroit plays a solid defensive game and remain healthy they should advance. Chicago has a lot of young talent that have no quit in them, they are a good team but Chicago hasn't played a good defensive team yet in the playoffs. Chris Osgood will be tested more that in the previous series but he'll come through and make the big saves when we need him to. It should be a fun series, special teams a depth will be the difference makers.
                  Post #666

Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    Detroit owns Khabibulin and they own Joel Quennville too. If Detroit plays a solid defensive game and remain healthy they should advance. Chicago has a lot of young talent that have no quit in them, they are a good team but Chicago hasn't played a good defensive team yet in the playoffs. Chris Osgood will be tested more that in the previous series but he'll come through and make the big saves when we need him to. It should be a fun series, special teams a depth will be the difference makers.
                    youre pretty much right on on this. chicago needs 4 "games of their lives" and some luck.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• I agree, but Chicago is young, very talented, and hungry. They should be a force for many years to come. The Wings have been good enough to win the cup every year since 97, but sometimes they just fall apart... Maybe they get bored.

I wish the NHL would put the original six in the same division. I know it really doesn't make sense for alot of reasons, but you'd definitely see some awesome games.

Comment

• i wish they could play the games without any referees. It'd be the perfect sport.

Comment

i wish they could play the games without any referees. It'd be the perfect sport.
                          Yeah, with sharpened metal sticks, spiked gloves, and randomly exploding pucks

Comment

• no rules either. no such thing as offside. you can leave a player hanging down in the other end if you want to.
                            10 men on the ice at all times-lol 20 total.

Comment

i wish they could play the games without any referees. It'd be the perfect sport.
                              They've been bad all around this playoffs. Missed calls, phantom calls, ticky-tac calls you name it its happened and in all series too. All the teams have to play through it, once the ass-hats make a decision, there is not a thing you can do about it so whinning does no good....play through it!
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• well, in memory of how the game used to be played, I fondly give to you some great footage of stuff that would never, ever, ever fly in today's watered down version of the NHL. I bring the 1994 Eastern conference finals, still the best series I've ever seen, and not just cuz I'm a Rangers fan. It was great. Check out the action, it's hilarious how play never stops.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X