No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though the wrong team won, the 94 series between the Rangers and Canucks was an all out war. Still one of the most intense playoff series of my life and I started watching hockey seriously in 1984 or so.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      well, in memory of how the game used to be played, I fondly give to you some great footage of stuff that would never, ever, ever fly in today's watered down version of the NHL. I bring the 1994 Eastern conference finals, still the best series I've ever seen, and not just cuz I'm a Rangers fan. It was great. Check out the action, it's hilarious how play never stops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VosGP_A3iSA
      Man, Mike Richter! What a great goalie. Watching some of those acrobatic saves hurt me

Here's another great clip. 1987 finals Philly and Edmonton. Lots of hitting and tough play. I forgot how good Hextall was in the 80's. And Grant Fuhr? Forget about it.

Here are the last 7 minutes or so of the memorable Game 6 of the 1987 Cup Finals. The action is picked up just as Glenn Anderson took a high sticking penalt...

Comment

• well, I'd been playing and watching it for 19 years already by '84 and the right team won-lol It was a nail biter after blowing the 3-1 lead. Game 5 at the garden had the craziest period in hockey history. Rangers down 3-0, score 3 in a row to tie it. i thought they were gonna close it out, then the canucks put in 3 more right after-lol crazy period.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• that was a great series Khabi, flyers almost pulled it off too against the invincible oilers. i've seen 2 dynasty teams in my life, the Islanders and the Oilers. You could definitiely make a case for the Canadiens of the 70's, and the flyers of the 70's as well.
          But the Islanders won 4 cups in a row, and went to 5 Cup finals in a row. Only other team besides Montreal to do it, and the Canadiens won 5 in a row, but it's a much harder road to the finals nowadays in terms of rounds and getting there.

What series format do you guys like better? I prefer the 2-2-1-1-1 as opposed to 2-3-2.

Comment

• 2-2-1-1-1 ... this isnt the NBA finals
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Definitely 22111

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                Best pure goal scorer, yes...best hockey player, not quite. Ovechkin doesn't come close to Crosby when it comes to elevating those around him or "seeing" the entire ice. He has a wicked "laser" shot though...one of the best I've ever seen.
                I have to disagree. Ovechkin had about 3 players on the roster last year prior to the trade deadline and elevated the entire team. They acquired a couple for this season and a few roster players matured and elevated their play quite a bit...one can't credit Ovechkin for that?

Crosby has had a stacked roster since he started playing - there's no denying that. If Crosby was on the Caps they would not have made the playoffs last year and they may have this year but he and Semin wouldn't likely get along!!
                My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

I bring the 1994 Eastern conference finals, still the best series I've ever seen,
                  1993 Toronto vs Detroit
                  1993 Toronto vs St Louis
                  1993 Toronto vs LA Kings
                  My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

• Your official JCF hockey "Anal"yst has keenly come up with the following information that you can take to the bank-

The Wings can win the cup
                    The Hawks can win the cup
                    The Penguins can win the cup
                    The Hurricanes can win the cup

I'm an undervalued commodity, and my efforts I feel are sometimes underappreciated.
                    It took me a long time to come up with the information above. You're all welcome-lol

Comment

• hawks look terrible defensively. should be 5-1 detroit right now if not for khabi.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• turnovers- Detroit-11 Chicago-1 and they still steamrolled them. We'll see what happens, but the wingos looked awfully strong today.

Comment

• Wings looked sloppy in their own zone. I think this was the Hawks opportunity to get a jump on the Wings, they were well rested and the Wings fresh off an emotional draining 7 game series against the Ducks. I'll take the W tho...

9 down, 7 to go!
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Your official JCF hockey "Anal"yst has keenly come up with the following information that you can take to the bank-

The Wings can win the cup
                            The Hawks can win the cup
                            The Penguins can win the cup
                            The Hurricanes can win the cup

I'm an undervalued commodity, and my efforts I feel are sometimes underappreciated.
                            It took me a long time to come up with the information above. You're all welcome-lol
                            You're right...and in hockey more than any other sport (in my opinion)...if you make the playoffs you have a chance.

Comment

• I am "Nostra-Thomas"

Comment

• Chicago carried the play initally, then it was all Detroit. Khabibulin looked great for the most part. He was outstanding in the second period. Osgood made a few good saves as well, even though I still think he's a scrub...

This is gonna be good!

Comment

Working...
                                X