No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malkin can definitely take over a game...he was simply in a zone last night. Fleury needs to play better...he had some sick stops but gave up some soft goals as well. Carolina still seems to have more hustle but with the refs swallowing their whistles, Pittsburgh is showing that they're the tougher/grittier team.

Comment

• Pit/Car - Pens in 5
      Det/Chi - Wings in 6

Pit/Det - Wings in 4
      Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Pit/Det - Wings in 4
        If it comes to that series, care to back that prediction up? I'll gladly take some of that action.

Pens look much tougher than last year and the Wings appear to have lost a step (although they still look great) and that series went to 6 games and almost 7. What could possibly make you predict a sweep (aside from the resentment that the Pens sent the Flyers to the golf course for two yearts running )?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          the resentment that the Pens sent the Flyers to the golf course for two yearts running )?
          Give this man a cookie!

Seriously though, I think that Pittsburgh doesn't look as good as they did last year. They might catch Detroit by surprise though, so I'll change my prediction to Detroit in 5.

Play for a pack of strings? I'm not a betting man
          Scott

Comment

• You got it...DR Tite-Fit 10's here

Comment

• I love DR's. 9's for me. i think the Pens look better than last year.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                i think the Pens look better than last year.
                because they haven't played a team of Detroit's caliber ...yet :ROTF:

I actually think the Pens are better team with Guiern and Kunitz offensively -- defensively they are pretty average and possibly weaker than last year. Last nights game looked like a all star game, no D ...thats the difference between the conferences imho.

I'm not looking past the Blackhawks, they have a good club and you got nothing until you win a road game in a playoff series and so far in the conference finals no team has won on the road yet. If by chance the Wings should rematch, I have no fear of Pittsburgh - my fear are injuries and thats what it comes down to in the later rounds. Defensively Detroits just as strong or stronger and we added Hossa to the mix.....Malkin met 6-5 210lb Mr Ericsson (who didnt play last year)
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

• D'Addario EXL110s here

What I've seen in Detroit that makes me think the Pens will go down early is that they can immediately bounce back after making a mistake. That experience means a lot in the playoffs.
                  Scott

Comment

• The Wings don't get sucked into the other teams game, they usually just keep pushing towards the other team's goalie. They are fantastic back checkers too. I'd sit Datsyuk tonite regardless of his condition. It's not 1-1 ya know?

Comment

• WTF???!!! I take a piss and the Hawks put up 2 goals! Unbelievable!

Comment

• WTF that was a clean hit, 5 minutes-lol, what a joke. I think the wings come back after killing off 328 penalties in that period. If they don't have to play the rest of the game a man down that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          WTF that was a clean hit, 5 minutes-lol, what a joke. I think the wings come back after killing off 328 penalties in that period. If they don't have to play the rest of the game a man down that is.
                          While it was a clean hit, it was "technically" interference, havlat never touched the puck. I think its a b.s. call, but the wings were gifted one on the brown/hudler hit in the ducks series. Exact same thing. Hope havlat comes back, he was out like a light.

As a side note, the red wings should keep there head up when eager is out there.
                          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• what a choke job by the hawks.
                            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• I've watched the Rangers blow so many leads i'm used to it. i don't know if it was a choke, the Wings had the gas pedal down. Still a good chance for the Young hawks to make it 2-1 now in O.t. "Crystal Ball" Huet in goal.

Comment

• "Crystal Ball" Huet LMAO! Instant classic!

Comment

Working...
                                X