No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL = No Hitting League...BS call on Kronwall, thats called a check and its allowed...a player does not have to touch the puck at all to be free game to being hit. I hope Havlat is OK but 1) he should know who is on the ice (especially Kronwall types) and 2) keep your head up. You will not find one person who knows the game to say that was a penalty....because it wasnt a penalty

It was a strange game, Wings battled back, made it a game, had some bad luck on the OT with Lidstrom breaking his composite. They'll bounce back on Sunday.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
      NHL = No Hitting League...BS call on Kronwall, thats called a check and its allowed...a player does not have to touch the puck at all to be free game to being hit. I hope Havlat is OK but 1) he should know who is on the ice (especially Kronwall types) and 2) keep your head up. You will not find one person who knows the game to say that was a penalty....because it wasnt a penalty

It was a strange game, Wings battled back, made it a game, had some bad luck on the OT with Lidstrom breaking his composite. They'll bounce back on Sunday.
      So, you thought the brown hit was ok?
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

NHL = No Hitting League...BS call on Kronwall, thats called a check and its allowed...a player does not have to touch the puck at all to be free game to being hit. I hope Havlat is OK but 1) he should know who is on the ice (especially Kronwall types) and 2) keep your head up. You will not find one person who knows the game to say that was a penalty....because it wasnt a penalty

I gotta agree with that. Clean hit IMHO. Pretty impressive that the Wings came back and tied it up. The Hawks can glean a little satisfaction that they've taken the Wings to OT two games in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
          So, you thought the brown hit was ok?
          I was ok with it, thought it was a bit late but there is a pretty big difference with the puck being played and passed away and not anywhere near you as in Hudlers case .....and the puck directly in you feet as in Havlats case.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I thought the Hawks were dead when it went to OT. Kudos to the Hawks for pulling out that win.

If they ever make a pile of BS high enough to match all of the terrible calls in the playoffs this year I hope they don't dump it in my yard!!
            My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
              I thought the Hawks were dead when it went to OT. Kudos to the Hawks for pulling out that win.

If they ever make a pile of BS high enough to match all of the terrible calls in the playoffs this year I hope they don't dump it in my yard!!
              Agree on all counts...what's up with that???

Seriously, the officiating is beyond bad...almost bizarre in a way with the inconsistancies of what is being called.

A Pens win tonight would be a back breaker for the Canes. I'll be travelling so I'll have to catch it later on the DVR...nobody talk about it here, ok?

Comment

• Hey, the Hawks can score in bunches and they don't have any quit in them. They are beatable by almost any team, but they can pull wins out of the bag against anyone as well. I don't see them advancing past Detroit really, and I think it would contain a bit of fluke, but I definitely think it would be great for the league and the city for them to make the finals.

Sort of a good thing to distract from the implosion of the Coyotes franchise.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I was ok with it, thought it was a bit late but there is a pretty big difference with the puck being played and passed away and not anywhere near you as in Hudlers case .....and the puck directly in you feet as in Havlats case.
                  Youre one of the few wings fans that thought the brown hit was ok, most were screaming for a suspension, fine, etc. As much as i hate the wings, that hit (kronwalls) was textbook, havlat had his head down and he got crushed. Reminded me of the stevens/lindros hit, brutal.

Havlat is day-to-day, so is khabi. Wonder if the hawks will start huet?

Comment

• Bye-By Carolina....they are done and out. Pens are returning to the finals
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I have no idea what you guys are talking about...go wings!!

Comment

• Who is that guy playing for Pittsburgh...Malkin?

I didn't think you were allowed to 'call up' unknowns this late in the playoffs!!
                        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

• like i said.... detroit in 5. lets go pens.

Comment

• What a meltdown by Chicago. I'm telling you Hawks fans, serioulsly, this loss is all on Joel Quennville. With a young team you need your coach to demonstrate control, that propagated through his entire team with dumb penalty after dumb penalty. He loses control at the start of the 2nd period, it was all down hill from there....
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Detroit is a monster...2 HUGE players off of their roster (one maybe the best player in the league-Nik Lids) and one of their inspirational players (Draper) and they STILL destroy the Hawks.

It hurt a little with Makita in the crowd and I was a Hawks fan for years as a kid but I saw it coming. Detroit is SO deep. So relaxed and so talented.

Comment

• a veritable shellacking
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X