No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many strange injuries popping up now. Too bad that Khabi had to be out for that game because Huet is just a bit too rusty I think at the moment but I still hate Khabi from 2004 so...
    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• take that
      http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009..._fra.html#more
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• A guy I work with is constantly going on about how dirty everyone on Detroit is. It's quite laughable. I disagree with pretty much everything that he says so I just let him rave on. The thing is that it would be all right if there was some basis in fact but it is so obvious that he blocks out what everyone else does and then gets enraged about the things that Detroit does. I think that the crappy officiating has hit every team equally.

...and Mule taking the mouthguard is hilarious!
        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          That's hilarious, but you have to admit that if someone on the Flyers did that they would get a game misconduct and a 3 game suspension.
          Scott

Comment

• congratulations Pittsburgh for winning the east and returning to the Stanley Cup finals..
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Go Pens! Looks like it'll be a repeat of last years Finals teams. Here's hoping the Hawks can grind it out to seven games against the Wings.

Comment

• Solid Pens series...completely dominant. I like their chances against the West.

I'm pulling for the Wings tonight...if the Pens are to be the best, then they need to beat the best, at their best.

Comment

• As much as it didn't look like it was going to happen early on in the playoffs it looks like last year's rematch is on deck. Things to watch for:

-Detroit's injuries...will they heal in time?
                  -Malkin to disappear when the Wings hit him a couple of times.
                  -The goalies on both sides. Solid and at times stellar.
                  -Continued poor officiating.

Comment

• I think Detroit can handle Pittsburgh if they get past Chicago. Injuries and the number 5 on 3's the Pens get handed will the difference makers. Pittsburgh is bit tougher this year, a little more experienced but in all honesty, have yet to play a balanced team (offensively/defensively) as Detroit. Should make up for a good final...again.

NBC's scheduling sucks donkeyballs. We could have 2 back to backs in the cup finals...games 1 and 2 are back to back and games 6 and 7 back to backs.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• well that certainly was a bust, that series sucked.
                      the whole thing rides on the goaltending. it's painfully obvious that both teams can score a lot, which goalie is going to rise a little higher? and yes shawn, the god damned over called penalties will be sickening for both teams.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• just a thought here, i feel that Guerin and kunitz may well resemble the
                        Francis-Samuelson pickup that pretty much galvanized the pens and led them to 2 cups in a row back in the early 90's. We'll see.

Comment

• Two wingers vs. a center and defenseman but other than that its a valid comparison...they certainly have helped to ignite the team. Guerin has 14 points so far and Kunitz has been quietly racking up the assists...they rank 3rd and 4th (w/Gonchar) in team scoring!

Congrats to Carolina for a great season...they were amazing down the stretch and had a nice run in the playoffs. I think Talbot's goal last night took what wind they had left out of their sails...that was a tough one to give up, especially in a desperation game.

Comment

• yeah that was a chinese goal so to speak, but they count too.

Comment

• wings-hawks is not over yet, but it's hard not to think it's over. when you win 6-1 without datsyuk and lidstrom it makes a strong case. i think they're both out tonite too.
                              if it's wings-pens, barring some weird bounces, it's also hard not to think it won't go 7.

Comment

• i think the pens would want the wings to win tonite and close out. if the hawks win and the wings clinch in 6 or even 7, that would be a lot of time off for the pens which might not be good for them the way they're playing now. a lot of time off.

Comment

Working...
                                X